Building remote monitoring and alert tool for Harvest Right freeze dryers. Useful or useless?

Hey guys we are working on a simple add-on device that lets you remotely monitor and get alerts from your freeze dryers. Heard many stories about burnt hash any baby monitors, would like to understand how this would or would not help.

monitoringproto
Video of prototype in action

• Text and email alerts for errors
  • Monitor status and progress
  • Log temp/pressure data automatically
  • Anythhing else you’d like to see?

Happy to share more info about the project if you guys are interested! Thanks for the feedback as always.

– Chase

5 Likes

I know it’s early, and three features are already a lot at once but…

Can you integrate multiple harvest right freezers? I bet that would seal the deal for larger clients. I imagine the bigger operations have a row of these things.

Again, I have no idea if it’s possible, etc. Just my morning high thought between classes.

2 Likes

Oh yeah with current system you’ll be able to add as many as you want. We’re just figuring out best way to display them. What would you want to see when looking at one freeze dryer vs. seeing panel of like 10 at once?

1 Like

I’m not a stakeholder, but I like the idea of a dashboard in a list, something to see all on one screen that could sit on a managers desk.

• Machine 1: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 2: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 3: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 4: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 5: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 6: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 7: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 8: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 9: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 10: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 11: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
  • Machine 12: temp #, freeze rate #, reticulated spline count, etc
1 Like

possibly the MOST important parameter for hash makers.

1 Like

Great design UIs and hash pursuits as always. Keep it up!

Definitely a fan of this way more than the first project (hash notes)

Server style Freeze dryer management would be epic.

That’s a lot of work being done for Harvest Right to potentially snatch up… may want to bring an alternative into the mix to expand and not rely on the monopoly owner.

Doing a major iot upgrade to their product like this, I hope they’re not watching haha :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Appreciate the feedback. Yes definitely would like to add other freeze dryers to this system, started with HR just due to how widely spread usage is in hash community.

1 Like

absolutely, nobody has any recommendations for other units usually either. Just don’t want your work to be bottlenecked into becoming “their work”

1 Like

Unless @addictedtohash wants to support this program forever, that might be the best outcome. Collect a nice paycheck and then move on while HR integrates it into their stack. Seems reasonable, no? After all, 80% of the lifecycle cost of a program is in support rather than development…

2 Likes

We want to pursue whatever is best for hash makers. Know they have interest in iot stuff but don’t know if they care enough about hash makers to create/support the things they need. Still feeling it out, we’ll have to see where it goes.

Either way we are 100% in this for the longrun and supporting hash makers is why we got into this in the first place. Excited to see where all the freeze drying tek goes in the short/long term. And hopefully data will help with the innovation there as well.

3 Likes

I’m excited to see what you guys put out! I was in no way trying to cut down your commitment to your codebase. I’ve been there. You put a ton of work into it, monetization goes “okay” and you’re left with a more or less “finished” (it’s never done…) codebase that you have to continue to support until…. Until you decide. I could see y’all breathing a whole lot of life into these machines and then cashing out in order to use your experience in this project to springboard your next one. Honestly I kinda wish I would’ve directed my programming experience towards cannabis instead of chasing the hemp high. I’ve got tons of respect for programmers and I’m excited to see what y’all do! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah totally understand where you’re coming from – just wanted to make sure people know we’re committed to supporting hashers longterm. Would love to connect sometime and get some more detailed feedback from you on what we’re working on.

2 Likes

YES! would definitely support/ use this.

2 Likes

Update: Posted a quick video on how to install our device

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 7.54.08 PM
How our monitoring device actually works

• Cool thing is that we’re only reading signals
  • We don’t change how your freeze dryer works at all
  • Curious to get feedback as always! Does this process seem too cumbersome?
3 Likes

I would love this

2 Likes

Update: Opening tester program

• Looking for labs running a lot of batches who want our device early
  • Give us feedback/get to work closely with our team on features
  • Must be running at least a few batches per week

Send a message if you want to join and we’ll get you set up!

4 Likes

I sent you a message I deff fit the bill to help out with some r&d and benefiting from what seems to be an amazing product

2 Likes

great idea

license it to the mfg

I am looking to use AI to grab screen data with a remote camera I mounted on the Harvest Right. I am also interested in grabbing data (temperature/pressure) and logging this information as well as real-time charts so I can compare this run to past runs.

2 Likes

Hey that’s super cool let’s definitely connect – I’ll PM