Building remote monitoring and alert tool for Harvest Right freeze dryers. Useful or useless?

December 15th Update: They’re Alive

Been a while since our last update – we just moved on to open beta and we’re about caught up with all testing orders. Appreciate your patience for those of you who supported early on.

Now comes the fun part: fine tuning errors, sensor data, and adding more features.

We are seeking more testes. This drastically improves accuracy and will allow us launch more stuff faster.

Order times are a lot quicker now than they were before and we have a bunch on hand to ship out over the next 1-2 weeks.

If you’re interested just shoot me a PM and we’ll hook you up.

6 Likes

Got you brother i got a pair

4 Likes

Definitely want to try one of these I’m working on getting a pharma harvest right of any size used if anyone has one and this would be essential with it.

I’m DMing you. We have all the other equipment ready presses, wash res’s, pumps, RO setup but nothing for freeze-drying yet. I’ve got two years of harvests worth of fresh frozen that we’ve saved until we got all the equipment and practiced running other’s harvests with their in house equipment. Remote monitoring while doing other tasks to get each 20lb run prepped and then after the days washes overnight would help.

2 Likes

Does this device void the warranty?

1 Like

Making them work better is next. These are such inadequate machines and HR is notoriously hostile towards cannabis.

I like your upgrade and I’m ready for more!

1 Like

Being in cannabis voids the warranty. At least it did. Maybe times have changed. Does anyone have recent HR customer service experience?

Appreciate that. We’ve got some exciting stuff in the works when it comes to dialing these things in. First step is learning from a ton of batches

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 10.00.23 PM
Freeze dryer monitoring app update video

5 Likes

Appreciate you! shoot me a message and let’s connect if we haven’t already – chase

1 Like

I love the work @addictedtohash

Just hope you don’t end up facing this concern.

3 Likes

Very poignant and valid concern. Thanks for sharing the article. We’re working hard to lay groundwork outside of HR so our tech can be used across the entire industry/different models.

Wonder if the franchise/franchisee relationship had an impact on how that was handled. Considering most people don’t even get support from HR, hoping this is different.

1 Like

I recommend reading and doing your due diligence. As you’re exactly positioned for that concern with HR. It’s a shame they don’t have better competition.

Let’s level the playing field.

1 Like

I’m curious what other people think (please weigh in), but considering the inherent distrust around their operation currently, I doubt anyone would listen to what HR has to say. There are also other companies out there that offer add-on units for HR devices to add more control/upgrade components.

And re: better competition, there are many better freeze dryers out there that we’re super excited about. Blue Alpine, Holland Green, StayFresh, and I’m sure more.

Either way you are 100% right that we need to be conscious of this as we continue to iterate. Again appreciate you looking out and it’s a very interesting case to read up on.

2 Likes

I think we deserve an industry product with a warranty not voided by cannabis. Let alone brilliant cannabis consumers adding value.

3 Likes

There are options now. The Original Resonator has taken a giant leap forward with their jump to production scale lyophilization. But even on the smaller scale, there is more selection.

1 Like

How to earn actual respect: open source the interception method. That would be a larger contribution to the community. The current pricing seems like an attempt to recoup investments with the first handful of units.

We are working on open sourcing a local monitoring solution with our hardware. We’re nowhere close to recouping investment off the first handful of units, it will likely be years before this happens.

Happy to collaborate with others on this journey, but open source options are a bit further down road for us (only 2-3 people have requested this so far, so we are prioritizing other requests from users for now).

Know this isn’t necessarily what you were looking to hear but happy to answer any questions and explain more about why we are structured this way now and what our plans are for the future.

Wouldn’t that be wonderful? I doubt that the first few of anything will generate enough to cover development. You’ll get plenty of respect if you can make these units more robust and feature rich. It’s time to level up.

1 Like

And this is exactly why it would be worth investing some time into open source. It would open the product to a group experts and enthusiasts that have deep experience with microcontrollers and user experience and will bring a diverse collection of ideas for potential features for your product.

You will still have the opportunity to generate revenue from your investment in the form of hardware and service platform offerings.

2 Likes

It’s on our list of priorities, but dialing in core functionality for our users is still #1 right now for us. would love to open discussion now as to what you’d be looking for as far as open source is concerned and how you’d picture integrations working

2 Likes