Bitter blockers

Hey friends,

Anyone have experience working with bitter blockers?
We have a great line of new fast acting chocolate bars, but there is a slight bitter after-taste.

I have been looking into ClearTaste and ClearMask bitter blockers but have never worked with them before… So I was wondering if any of the smart folks on here had any experience doing this and could provide any recommendations.

Is this stuff easy to incorporate into your recipes??

8 Likes

Hey! Clear taste is pretty amazing stuff. I used it in water soluble, but I think their original application was chocolates. They have really good support there too.

7 Likes

After looking into bitter blockers all I can think of is I want to start producing my own whiskey. :thinking:

7 Likes

can’t be blocking the bitters with bitter.

this berry will make sour sweet and changes bitter as well

4 Likes

terpene infused whiskey is quite nice if you have not yet tried i suggest it !

4 Likes

like miracle fruit or whatever it’s called does?

stuffs pretty cool w make things like vinegar taste sweet if I remember right

3 Likes

Never tried it but I would be happy to, where can I get it from?

Raspberry is good for this as well.

3 Likes

I like miracle fruit but it won’t do much for a bitter flavor.

3 Likes

i just usually put one drop of Terps in a glass or on ice before pour. its a world of difference. makes every drink ive tried better.

2 Likes

Have you tried it with many drinks? I’m very interested to try this now but the huge variability in taste/smell thats possible from mixtures of terpenes makes me hesitant to add any of the terps I’ve currently got to my my glass of Glenfiddich 12. They all smell to fruity/floral to pair up nice with what I like.

What alcohol did you try this with? Did you add a drop directly to your bottle or directly to your glass? - edit: Nevermind question was answered in previous reply.

3 Likes

usually drink makers mark or something similar but i do it in wine, sparkling water, margaritas etc… ALL GOOD
we cook with it also !

2 Likes

I bet this will make my binges on methylated spirits so much better.

the best bit is you can buy terps next to the metho at my local hardware store :nauseated_face:

ride the lightning.

4 Likes

U can buy methanol at the hardware store? Lucky…

When I want to see magical elves I’ve got to drive to another state to pick up xylene or MEK :frowning: - by this i mean all the useful solvents are outlawed in my state.

3 Likes

your not chinese are you ?

nope Contra Costa County, Ca

how is it they wont let you have solvents.

are they so scared of the meth monster

methylated spirits are ethanol with bitrex

we can get methanol though as race fuel.

2 Likes

that sounds amazing

1 Like

Sounds like exactly what we are looking for. Thanks man :metal:

3 Likes

definitely going to look into this one too. Thanks brotha

1 Like

not sure if it works for bitter but it modifies the taste buds and does weird shit to all tastes I have
come across.

still fun to play with either way.

3 Likes

Definitely worth looking into!