bho extracting with cls and dry ice sleeve

Just wanting to make sure Im following exactly because im having similar issues So what your suggesting is that

• cryo solvent
  • just dry ice in dewax sleeve
  • collection pot in cryo slury
  • run straight through no soaking
  • N2 to push remaining solvent through
6 Likes

Yes but I would n2 push to my solvent tank from the beginning, more push less saturation time… That’s what I’m going for although I never even have had chance to use my n2 yet…When material properly frozen(dry ice) will work better too. And I really don’t have problem like this now , don’t over pack, if ur using small micron filter it’s gonna take time, wait till you think gone then give another bump to head tank again…

And DONT slack on dry ice slurry…get ur liquid almost to top,and it’s not technically ready til the dry ice doesn’t react to the slurry, u even cover the lid w dry ice and am loading dry ice back and forth a good bit

and you technically don’t need the jacket unless making diamonds…(and I save Tons dry ice too). Just go fast!

Push dry ice slurry cold solvent w n2 straight into the tank…

5 Likes

Here’s how I passively run…I Freeze packet column, and freeze your solvent tank!..when froze I pack the jacket with dry ice…add to system and pull a vac…add rubbing alcohol to dry ice jacket. Let sit for a few mins…(I do 10-15mins) then attach lines and solvent tank. I pull a quick vac to get out the air in the line to the tank. Flood the material column! About 1.5-2lbs of solvent per pound of material will fit in the colum. Then I soak 45mins to an hour! Dumping into the dewax column. I then top off the material column with dry ice. (Having a dewax column on cryo, pulls all the pressure and solvent down to it!) then I re flood the material column and soak again! After about 3 hours you will see pressure at a point where you can use it to assist the push! Also have your solvent tank on dry ice attached to the collection pot! When you drop to the collection pot you won’t have any back pressure! And you don’t have to put you me collection pot on ice!

2 Likes

Question if my recovery tank is 12x16 and I’m using 60/20/20 mix how much gas can I fill tank with ? I was told a 12x 24 holds 40 lbs ? My pressure gauge is at around 100inhg when filled at 20 lbs

That could just be head pressure. Is it being chilled while your distilling

1 Like

Yes while I distill I have a coil after pump before recovery tank. My question is how much can I fill? I have a 150 pressure valve and I wanna say tank is rated at 250. I have filled it up to 30 lbs before but then was told that it was dangerous so I backed off but I have. 6x 36 column and I know that holds 18lbs I just wanna figure out how long can I really go for with out having to distill

There is a calculator on best value website. You gonna have to do some math as you have a gas mixture but you can figure it out.

6 Likes

If calculating doesn t work out make sure that at room temperature the tank is not filled with more than 80% Liquid
At room temperature!!!

3 Likes

Been a minute since I read this, I got the flow a bit better how ever I have to limit material due to three stage filters. I want to learn more about pushing nitrogen through it or hot air. I haven’t looked into it yet… thanks again for the assistance

1 Like

Use Nitrogen or CO2 but better not to use air O2 or a warmed up solvent tank

3 Likes

This is exactly why I really this site, a lot of people just come up with stuff.

2 Likes

what about it lowering yields i notice if im low on gas my yield drops alot when i leave alot of solvent saturated in the material, i not very experienced running a cls yet was me running out of gas the reason i saw yeilds drop by 50 percent when i had a couple lbs still left in matrial

1 Like

I hav very low yields too I’m guessing bc more fats Hav been left behind I look at material with microscope an I can find a head only stalks

my yield went down as i ran out of gas i was going from yielding around 100 to 130 grams per 3x48 tube, to about 50, i have my last run material still in the column hopefully i get the other 50 grams when i re run it with new gas,

1 Like

when you say you’re low on gas, how much solvent to material are you running? You’ll definitely see lower yields if you don’t run enough solvent through the material.

1 Like

i didnt realize i was running low until i couldnt get the last bit through the column the last two runs i did, about 1 to 10 solvent ratio

also ive been running this system anout 2 weeks and my prevous cls experience was from almost 3 years ago so im a bit rusty

Sorry it took me so long to recognize the gold you gave me, lol :joy: I’m a bit dyslexic. I’ve been trying to stay motivated running after all the switches in the game. I’m two Sapporo’s in so bare with…

1 Like

So today I step out of my fear and bought t-5, activated aluminaand magsil-pr- I stacked 2” filter plates after my 6” filter plates with paper filters- one 2” filter is 1/2 mag 1/2alumina second 2”is all t-5 I dint have any thing to really pack them so I used what was around it seems to be a lot slower that before- will see how much it makes a difference :man_shrugging:

I’d try using nitrogen to push your solvent. Cold cold cold.

2 Likes