bho extracting with cls and dry ice sleeve

Clicking the 3 dots at the bottom of your post and the pencil icon will allow you to edit your comment.

1 Like

Alot of the color you get is influenced by the trim. Even my machines make brown goop when presented with the wrong material.
May I ask what your recovery heat is like? Just making sure your not cooking the extract.

2 Likes

New to this forum world. I am recovering at 72f. I’ve been reading about people soaking material for 2 hours then flushing to collection pot then I’ve also read about how soaking makes it darker. Will the lack of proper filter cause to darken? I was also told instead of an in-line set up as I have I should use a hose from material tube to collection pot as to create pressure and that will help

2 Likes

Just a thought… if you are having issues getting your gas through your new dewax column quickly, maybe its sitting too long and picking up undesirables? I would try putting your old column back on, run your gas cold and fast and see what happens…

3 Likes

You might try injecting solvent through a coil In a bath to prechill any solvent going into your material column. When you say fresh material are you running live resin? You have a mol seive ?
When was the last time it was regenerated if so?

how much did you pay for that 50lbs?
have you tested them to make sure they’re legit?
scuttlebutt says there are fakes out there.

2 Likes

I ran fresh frozen but instead of a slab I poured into jars to attempt diamonds :gem: so far that alone has been a rabbit hole lol. I just ran dry trim that was literally trimmed the day before from dry flower that was not sprayed with and pesticides or fungusieds but ended up with amber. The slabs smell and look like glass but just a bit darker than what is ideal for who I am running it for. I do need a second coil to place in between tank and column. Thanks for assisting, I know my writing is cringe worthy and I do have a sleeve and replaced the beads the day before the run after I distilled mystery oils out

From my experience the faster you get the gas through the column the better the quality will be. The colder the butane the better. Obviously yield will suffer, but the trade off was worth it for me. I started off soaking the column, quality was soso. Did some reading, started doing no soak and quality drastically improved. Granted this was with a non jacketed column and rudimentary setup very similar to yours. I would tottally try a run this way and compare quality/color. Leave the ball vavle open to your collection pot. Just let the gas run through…

4 Likes

If these things are just sitting in a barrel it is likely that they contain h20 from the atmosphere.These should be freshly regenerated before loading into the filterdryer.

3 Likes

I got the bulk from bhogart I would assume they are legit

They are in turkey bag style packaging but I will def bake ASAP either way

Whats your pressure like during injection? I would definatly add a coil on the inject side. I know you are replacing the beads, but are you regenerating them too? bake them on a cookie sheet, in a tin foil packet @ 420*f for 1.5 hours, place packet while still hot in vaccum oven and pull a vacuum.
Allow to cool under vacuum.
Watch out for dust coming off the seives in the vaccum oven.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if my whole issue is my recovery pump maybe it needs to be serviced and is not creating the vaccum I need which lends to slower flow which then brings unwanted waxes and lipids and the lack of filters to catch those waxes

Some material just doesnt turn out gold like we all want either… its very strain dependent in my opinion. Ive run tons of different trim, all stored the same, same harvest, some turns out beautiful yellow gold… some doesnt.

4 Likes

that’s a testable hypothesis.
assuming you’ve got a gauge.
have it suck on an empty pot. does it achieve vac?
have it push into an empty pot. does it pressurize?

NOTE: don’t leave it pushing too long. if that pump has a high pressure cuttoff, it’s probably in the 450psi range. which your collection pot is almost certainly not rated for.

I’ve been bashing my head trying to figure it out- so my idea was to be running through a lot of material as I was used to but all of a sudden I’m gettin small batch indoor material so my colum is not filled to max would that make a difference? Even if the column is not full I still pack the sleeve with dry ice to try and keep column as cold as possible

1 Like

I think your problem is not enough injection pressure. you can hot loop vapor with your pump, or use n2 gas to inject harder.

3 Likes

Def gonna try thanks :pray:

2 Likes

this is my search engine these days

5 Likes

welcome to forever!

10 Likes