Best way to decarb live resin

lmao im a dumbass

its my cart that’s runny because my cart is the one with the more terpenes.

thanks for the clarification

1 Like

What kind of carts is that? ICell?

1 Like

I’ve made live resin carts a lot by decarbing and adding to carts

200f-220f wait till its pretty much not bubbling anymore.

put it in shot glass or small 4oz mason jar to decarb

I like using hot plate much better

I bought the live resin. I don’t know or have the equipment to make concentrates yet.

Looks like the iCell. Fucking solid cart that iCell.

1 Like

Yes @lexiiii121 is correct it is iCell

4 Likes

How do you stop the crystallization in the carts?

1 Like

Cbd or thc carts?

Thc carts you need to decarb it to stop crystallization.

Cbd carts you need to bring the concentration down below 50%ish to stop crystallization

2 Likes

I’ve done both and noticed the same. I was just a little curious on if you found a new way for thc to not crystallize

2 Likes

small batches i do on hot plate…if i had vac oven id rather use that bc u can most likelt deacrb at lower temps under full vac.

but onces its done bubblin 212-220f, add ur terps fraction back to it and mix it throughly about 150-160f. load at 160-165f for quick bump…

i also hair dryer my carts to prewarm them before loading and the stoppin before at the bottom problem fixed when cold

this is crc live resin i stole terps snd cooked sugar best carts yet considering its not disty

also the sidewallls at the coils are really thin. If you get a bubble around the coil, if warming w hands or car. heater dont do it a quick throw of bic lighter flame gets things back moving…winter months problems…in summer months its bc u leave in hot car and it gets thin and runs on through, or u leave in ur pocket firing the button over and over or jsut bendin iver and breakin it in those tight ass jeasns fatt ass!!*

dam see what @Killa12345 disty blunts do to me. been doin 3 or 4 on days off to face

4 Likes

Decarb is a function of temperature unrelated to vacuum.

10 Likes

idk i was just going off what i was noticing…maybe let me try rewording.

you can shorten then lenght of time it takes?

ive noticed on my hot plate i get the sugar melted and then once im at tempt i transfer back and forth to vac chamber run it till bubbles stop…then back to hot plate
…i repeat till its done. it also helps to get those bubbkes ouutta live carts

1 Like

See " Le Chatelier’s principle". The effect is minor in this regard. It’s all about the heat…

1 Like

There are catalysts which can lower that activation temperature, making the kinetic much faster.

2 Likes

Such as? And how are the catalysts removed post-decarb. I don’t think I want them in my vape oil!

nope. vac does not change decarb temp or time.

7 Likes

For that purpose, you must use a non soluble catalyst, wich can then be recovered by centrifugation and/or filtration.

@cyclopath spotted one of such just above. :wink:

4 Likes

I realize this is an old post, so I’m hoping your still around. But, do I not need to decarb Live Resin beach sand either? I want to turn this live sand into vape juice, but I can find almost no info on live sand. So, do you only need to decarb live resin if you’re going to use it to make edibles. If you are going to smoke or vape it, that IS decarbing it, essentially? So, can I just add terpenes to live sand and vape it??

Mechanically seperate the thca and the hte/mother liquor. Decarb the thca into thc, at the same time purge your hte and mix them together when done.

12 Likes

I do exactly what Dred described. I used an LD-3 centrifuge to separate the sand/THCA. After about 100hrs of use mine blew the motor so I upgraded to a larger swing bucket style fuge that will be here next week. I am guessing it going at around 100hrs was a fluke and would still recommend one.

1 Like