Best way to decarb live resin

Decarb is a function of temperature unrelated to vacuum.

10 Likes

idk i was just going off what i was noticing…maybe let me try rewording.

you can shorten then lenght of time it takes?

ive noticed on my hot plate i get the sugar melted and then once im at tempt i transfer back and forth to vac chamber run it till bubbles stop…then back to hot plate
…i repeat till its done. it also helps to get those bubbkes ouutta live carts

1 Like

See " Le Chatelier’s principle". The effect is minor in this regard. It’s all about the heat…

1 Like

There are catalysts which can lower that activation temperature, making the kinetic much faster.

2 Likes

Such as? And how are the catalysts removed post-decarb. I don’t think I want them in my vape oil!

nope. vac does not change decarb temp or time.

7 Likes

For that purpose, you must use a non soluble catalyst, wich can then be recovered by centrifugation and/or filtration.

@cyclopath spotted one of such just above. :wink:

4 Likes

I realize this is an old post, so I’m hoping your still around. But, do I not need to decarb Live Resin beach sand either? I want to turn this live sand into vape juice, but I can find almost no info on live sand. So, do you only need to decarb live resin if you’re going to use it to make edibles. If you are going to smoke or vape it, that IS decarbing it, essentially? So, can I just add terpenes to live sand and vape it??

Mechanically seperate the thca and the hte/mother liquor. Decarb the thca into thc, at the same time purge your hte and mix them together when done.

12 Likes

I do exactly what Dred described. I used an LD-3 centrifuge to separate the sand/THCA. After about 100hrs of use mine blew the motor so I upgraded to a larger swing bucket style fuge that will be here next week. I am guessing it going at around 100hrs was a fluke and would still recommend one.

1 Like

Which centrifuge did you end up getting?

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

2 Likes

He said he upgraded to something else though

1 Like

My apologies…

1 Like

https://www.gochemtek.com/centrifuge

An l550 probably. At this point its the standard for high output seperation

2 Likes

There’s ones out there that have 1L buckets and 4 or 6 sites.

5 Likes

Got a link?

In my experience unless i rewash my diamonds the melted down diamonds taste like booboo… anyone else?

Upgrade you say :face_with_monocle:

What kind of yield losses do you guys see when decarbing your thca? Like if you decerb 100g of thca, you’d theoretically get about 87.7g if D9 if it’s pure thca correct? Haven’t done this yet but I have been interested, and now had a buddy ask me to try. I also don’t have an spd setup so I have been purchasing the distillate to mix with my hte with for live resin carts, and just adding a small amount of hte back to the diamonds and keeping them as is. But if the yield loss isn’t too great, this might be a way to avoid having to outsource disty, and make better tasting carts.

1 Like

I decarb a lil more than halfway to still have really high thca numbers, makes it appeal to the ppl that know what live is

And under 40ish% it won’t crystalize back