best place to order CLS

5lb and i’d like to size everything to be able to handle a 10:1 solvent ratio which is why i am asking about 12x24 spools for dewaxing and collection.

1 Like

you may have seen me in another post reference the 10lb from oss but that wasn’t about the size of the system that was about the design of only jacketing the splatter platter and not the spool as well.

1 Like

Why do you run 10:1?

The 12x24 from oss is the collection not a dewax. The dewax they include on the rainier system seems awfully small to me. Almost looks like you’d have to do batch dewax… recover butane to the collection. Reduce, then move up to the dewax. After dewax send back to collection???

That’s not what they’d recommend, but seems like the only way it would work

Maybe he’s planning on crc? That’s my guess, I was thinking name looked familiar, I sold him some b80 lol.

That actually is a question I’ve had, for you guys doing big runs like this size, do you extract, then run through crc?

Like run a normal 5:1 ratio, then run that through the powders, then run clean solvent through into the collection pot?

1 Like

I do batch crc if I have to do several runs of the same strain, 3 or more.

When I batch crc i run about 25lbs of butane to about 2lbs of extract. The oil rich butane hits the crc filter first then I’m flushing behind it with 25lbs of fresh gas…

I actually run 25lbs of fresh gas anytime I batch crc.
Even without 2lbs of extract… it’s worth it to not leave any in the powders… been there, wont make that mistake again…

When going straight to the crc filter from the column I run 7:1

5 Likes

Btw, I finally have the b80. If anyone needs some. There’s like 20lbs to spare

Lol same here, it’s a drag when the powders steal all your shit!

2 Likes

This thread killed my buzz at first, but revived my faith in humanity. :joy: Off to reclaim that buzz…

6 Likes

I’ll pass you my disty blunt! I’m licking my wounds from today!!

6 Likes

I felt bad for a minute…I was like uhh…I didn’t mean to…and then it ended up reminding why I like being here. Cheers man!

3 Likes

This thread was nothing. Had much bigger fires to put out today and yesterday.

For the last 2 weeks, every single day I have a scammer trying to buy extraction equipment in a different name every day to the same address. A mile from the Mexican border. I got beat the first purchase but it’s getting ridiculous at this point!

Not to mention…I almost got beat for 15kg of c18 last week.

1. The year of scammers. Lol. Gotta stay positive and keep moving forward!

I’m just glad I didn’t take anyone’s money and didn’t respond for weeks.

7 Likes

15kg of c18! Wow! Wishing you luck my friend! I’ve had a business and gotten hit with stolen credit cards and all sorts of other bs. Stay safe from the scammers. I think you are doing it right based on you reputation here!

1 Like

Like @Curious_Roberto said C.R.C. I’ve been running 10:1 since the C.R.C. thread started and I figured I wanted to design with that in mind. Plus if I don’t run CRC I can then run before recovering. I’ve never ran 5:1 once I’ve always felt like I’d loose yield but for what it’s worth I’ve always ran a recovery pot that only holds 10lbs and a material column that can hold a max of 1.5lbs so at this small scale the recovery time difference seemed negligible to know there is no way I’m leaving anything behind.

How i’ve been running is:
flood and soak 1 hour (3.5lbs)
drain
flood and soak 30 min (3.5lbs)
flush with remaining 3lbs.

1 Like

I do a 6:1 ratio. 7:1 max 5lb runs

2 Likes

How much powders do you use when you batch crc? Great info thanks!

Depends on the amount of flower I ran. Generally

150g t5
50g silica
Per lb of plant matter

2 Likes

7:1 max with CRC? ever flush after recovery and check if you left anything in the bio or powders? I’ll gladly cycle more solvent than accept a yield loss so it’s seemed like the lesser of two evils.

I mean when you run the already ran oil? How much per g of oil to powder?

2 Likes

I havent noticed yeild loss at 7:1

2 Likes