Best Icewater Hash System on the market?

Wow, that’s awesome! I’m impressed with your level of R&D and retaining the services of experts. Fluid dynamics is an advanced field of science, and it’s not something one can jump into and make a product in the same week. It’s nice to see you thought it through so well and tried various designs (validation) rather than just CDF modeling. :sunglasses:

I think you just secured a complete system sale…once I get to see a video of it in action :metal:

I thought the Mesclatore has a squre vessel (trolly?).

I watched the video, but it’s not the same system. I know the concept and physics are the same, but it’s far from the current design of the Magna Agitatore.

I have to strongly disagree that beta testing isn’t essential for a $24,000 piece of equipment. Sure, you’re not beta testing the physics, but this is what I’m concerned about:

How well the trichome slurry will move from the deck sieves into chute and then the sock screens for final collection without user interaction. I would expect the real-world use to function exactly as shown in the animation. I don’t want to be forced to stop the unit every few minutes and manually scrape the deck screens into the chute. I am a little concerned about the sock screens’ ease of use and efficacy.

I want to see on video someone using it, then open up the decks to show the material left on the screens. And I want to see someone open the sock screen vessel and show the removal of the socks.

I’m not attending MJBIZCON. I’ve been to enough in my life never to go again, lol.

Why not get some fresh hop cones or hemp flower and let it rip on video? Open up the system and let us see the result?

Considering I’m very likely to spend $66,500 on your system (with an extra trolly), I don’t think that’s too much to ask. Especially considering you haven’t tested the US-made sieve decks. Do you?

I’m not trying to ride you, but you’re asking for an awful lot of trust and faith in an untested product. And I’m not too fond of gambling…

Bring it down to socal.

We have a 10x10 cold room.

We make the hash for a lot of Wonderbrett products.

5 Likes

It does. But we made a round tank first. CFD showed promising results but ergonomics of use were some of the setbacks. Instead of adding baffles and fixing a few things on it, we modeled other shapes. When working with plastics we have so much flexibility as to shape.

OK, I see what you mean. Yes, you are right there are some things that need to be worked out. The sieve itself doesn’t need testing but the whole system does. It will all make sense when you see the videos of the demos. You can decide to run batch or continuous, and depending on your material you may need to sort sizes after the wash is done.

The problem with these sieves is that you cannot stack more than 3 decks. If you are sifting more than 3 sizes, which most are, you have to reprocess several times. The SOP takes this into account. Also, you have to physically look at your hash when washing and rinsing, so the setup is made to allow this.

I hear ya. But whatever we claim it’s best to prove. Stay tuned on YouTube for those videos!

For sure there will be plenty of biomass to run and film the entire process.

2 Likes

Awesome, I can’t wait to learn more! Congratulations on what looks like a very slick and well-thought-out design.

2 Likes

If you want to play with computational fluid dynamics on the cheap - BitTorrent a copy of COMSOL multiphysics and do a tutorial on how to use it.

4 Likes

What do you guys do with the soaking wet plant material after?

1 Like

Depends

On A. Local code, B. Volume, and C. On-site capabilities

We just rinse it down thoroughly on last wash and drain then double bag and place in trash bins that the city picks up next day after being called.

Most jurisdictions make you use medi-waste or similar. Or a service like growkashi

Here is the second video of the series on agitator tests. I geek the fuck out on this stuff I know but I find it fascinating.

Once again, this is just my opinion and sometimes this stuff doesn’t scale the same. I don’t intend to persuade anyone with these videos but perhaps it gives you insight into how and why things are happening which may allow you to address issues with your equipment. Or not…

Next week I’ll probably have videos of the water surface which is so important in this process.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Whistler Technologies WT-300 is the most efficient. 36kg per batch with a single operator. Full 316 construction on all wetted parts and beautifully polished.

1 Like

For like 400k+

1 Like

No sir, currently you can get one of those for under 200k USD. You’d need 2 ospreys and 2 nests to hit similar production (maybe) which comes out to 150k usd minimum and atleast 2-3 operators vs 1 operator.

Or just 1 mesclatore. :sweat_smile:

You’d still need multiple agitation vessels, which adds time to clean up and obviously footprint. Reducing the overall efficiency of your operator (if they are cleaning they aren’t hashing). Some facilities are setup with cleaning staff but once again, you are still spending $ on labour to clean additional vessels.

Hey, sorry to necro an old thread, but I’m a newbie and had an ignorant question. Is there a reason why most commercial folks here wash their hash rather than use an automatic sifter? Is it a scale thing, or does washing just make a superior hash?

1 Like

Easier at bulk and doesn’t need a freeze drier to make it good.

Anything worth while when it comes to making concentrates and extracts no matter the kind takes the good old low and slow process.

Handwashing and hand sieving will always top automatics and machines. Pressing for rosin too, if you go low and slow with a human behind it doing the pressing rather than automated press you’ll get a much better result.

These “at scale machines” make the bulk stuff that’s probably gonna get squished but the best stuff is by hand and craft made with care.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!! Not an ignorant question :octopus:

Osprey from LowTemp, hands down. The easiest system I’ve ever run. I just washed 26,000 grams of fresh frozen yesterday with no ice. The impeller doesn’t cause sheer on your flower, and the square shape disrupts the vortex in a way that creates even agitation throughout your vessel. Using the recirculation pump and a little ISO and water, you can also clean in place.

2 Likes
2 Likes

How long of a resoak are they doing there?

I wanted to throw in the HashTek System

https://www.hashtek.ca/

Has anyone had any experience with this?

1 Like