Best Icewater Hash System on the market?

Yep I already mentioned that once and it works

1 Like

Iā€™m betting on the icon. Just got a 74 gallon unit with a 200 on the way

5 Likes

How much for those bad boys the , 74 and the 200?

36-46k

1 Like

Beautiful machine. Congrats. Let us know how it goes. Iā€™m curious how labor intensive cleanup is and how yields are.

4 Likes

Will do buddy

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna run the 74 gallon unit on Sunday hopefully

4 Likes

Hey, first off Iā€™d like to say thank you everyone for the love in this thread! Weā€™ve really gained the trust of a lot of awesome customers and friends over the years, and we really appreciate all the kind words. It started with the rosin presses 7 years ago and has grown naturally from the sheer support of the community. Weā€™ve attempted to be the most competitively priced, best designed, reputable machine on the market. That is apparent by how many of our Osprey are out in the market, working 40-100hrs+ a week, every single week.

Itā€™s still priced out of most homegrowers, but we still have quite a few ā€œprosumersā€, all the way to some operations processing with 4 Osprey at a time.

If you have any questions regarding our solutions (even if youā€™re just curious and want to pick our brains to see if we actually know what weā€™re talking out), give us a ring! Our main number is 316-308-7441. Weā€™ll try to hangout more on this forum as well. Thanks again guys.

9 Likes

ā€œGravity draining sucksā€ - just simply incorrect. Our machine gravity drains in less than 4 minutes, no issues at all.

Most companies utilize pumps for their process because they havenā€™t accounted for the ergonomics of the process in relationship to their equipment. Meaning their agitator vessel is on the floor or too low to have a person/machine separate/collect WITHOUT pumping it up into their separator.

By no means are we hating on hash pumps (other than the absolute taxing that takes place with some companies $8k pumps lol). Thereā€™s nothing wrong with properly pumping hash water into your separator if done correctly.

To say gravity draining sucks is just not based in truth at all. Itā€™s as simple as turning a valve 90 degrees, twice, 4 minutes apart. haha

5 Likes

Really appreciate you addressing some critical components to proper agitation and system design. Letā€™s address this a little more in detail.

The Osprey actually isnā€™t underpowered. The reason weā€™re able to achieve 110v power is a very low drag coefficient of the impeller (very similar design to what you incorporated into your machines), which utilizes 65 degree walls. A ā€œpaddleā€ or ā€œbladeā€ style seen in some machines have a massive power draw due to the drag of the impeller through water/biomass. The water/material essentially rolls/lifts off of the impeller. A full, hardcore extraction can be done on the machine at 400-420rpm with no problem.

I actually work all of The Osprey support at the moment myself, just to be immersed in the customer experience, and Iā€™ve actually never heard that it struggles with 21k of material. Iā€™m not saying that a customer hasnā€™t felt that way, just that I personally havenā€™t heard of it. You did offer some good advice in reference to fluidity, however less water isnā€™t the key. Fluidity in itself is the key.

Our machine really operates on a certain level of fluidity due to the square shape. You get the obvious horizontal vortex in the center of the machine, pulling all of the material down that center vortex. This is disrupted by the square shape, which churns all the material from the bottom, up the corner walls.

The biggest mistake that we see from hand washers, is they throw too much ice in the machine. Iā€™ve seen 1:1 ; ice:water ratios, which just clogs this design up. Especially on those ~21k washes, you want to be using about a 1:5 ; ice:water ratio. Weā€™re really firm believers that ice is only present for its thermal properties, not its extraction properties. In fact, we have a growing number of clients utilizing our systems entirely iceless with great results (can write a whole piece on this, equipment recommendations, etc if anyone is interestedā€¦).

Like SC said, circular machines are NOT a great design. You get material at the bottom getting absolutely annihilated at a ridiculous rpm, while the rest of the mixture moves as a cohesive unit, not mixing (extracting) at all. Thus, increasing your total extraction time, and reducing the quality of the resin that is extracted. Iā€™m not saying the things wonā€™t make hash, but not as efficiently or cleanly as a proper design.

In regards to the soak, itā€™s as easy as putting a stainless steel plate on the top of the material, or we include a false bottom that can be put on top of the material to help soak it.

We still havenā€™t been able to dig up/record any data to prove that a soak period on fresh frozen increasing anything worthwhile from extraction efficiency, yield, or quality. There is some data to show a soak benefit of dry material, but that seems pretty obviously connected to the nature of the starting material/resin storage state.

5 Likes

Jesus how many lbs of ff are you trying to wash per day. Let men know hhow drainin goes

3 Likes

I had this conversation yesterday about how gravity draining these larger tanks can be a concern. For one the flowrate on a 2" pipe with so much pressure on that outlet can damage whatever bag you are draining into so you must be careful about how thatā€™s done. Having your valve partially open is a solution but creates a point of sheer, though I doubt you will lose much hash because of it.

So much biomass in the slurry, you really think it would have to high a flow rate?

My comment on draining was a personal opinion, so there is no right or wrong. Sounds like you guys thought about the draining process so thatā€™s good.

In our equipment, we did think about ergonomics which is why we made it as low as possible. Itā€™s easier to clean a tank when you can reach the bottom without a stepstool. This is why big tanks have manways. So anyway itā€™s easier to use a pump to drain, than remembering each time you clean the machine the cost of being able to gravity drain. Nonetheless, itā€™s just a small convenience thing and not a deal-breaker in my opinion.

When you scale you end up using pumps for one reason or another. They make life so much easier. It is distasteful how vendors slap a logo on a pump and charge 4x the cost. We have a patented low-shear centrifugal pump that is amazing and a food-grade plastic AODD pump also engineered for hash. Let me know if you ever need a pump, we have amazing prices and can put your logo on it free of charge!

But typically itā€™s not a slurry while draining. When you stop agitation most biomass floats and mostly water drains.

1 Like

A friend of mine was wondering if this would work for spinning bubble? I mean anything will, but heā€™s hoping this is a good findā€¦
Anyone?

Thanks

Years ago i bought a. Washing machine for bubble has making. It was marketed for bubble hash so i over paid lol. I think i foumd it on internet as a potable sock washing machine. It did come with the micron bags tho the bag held the material and would drain fluid to bubble bag. So no material escaped after agitated
. I can send a pic. It only does a qp at a time. How big u trying togo?

How is he gonna agitate the material?

This isnt what i had bought but very similar.
Very labor intesive working those bags lol

2 Likes

No my homey is looking to scale up to something in steel instead of using trash cans
He has a few of those, he wants to do hand washing so doesnā€™t need an agitator
He has 5 and 20 gallon sets.
And, @420guy , those are RV washing machines and cost a lot less than if you buy the same machine for bubble hash

Yes i found that out after i had bought. It was prbly 15yrs ago. I dry seived first then bubble hashed after the seive.
Even had gotten a kilo mold and if i remember correctly a 5 ton hydraulic press.
It never took off for me. Ppl would smoke but not major buyers. Once i switched to bho the $s rolled in.
I always figured maybe a dispensary thing?

Have u seen the dry ice method? Where they put the ice in the bag and ahake the shit out of it?
Iv also seen machine thT had a box and spun it out?

Are u planning on using a drill with a paint stirrer or something? Or i guess would be a helava work out lol

I believe i did 3 separate rinses and aeparated out the grades. Long time ago

A bagbto contain material would make clean up way easier

Usa lab just had big tanks on sale for cheap. How big u looking togo on tank size?

U could also make something more versitile so u could make more that just bubble. A couple 12x24 jacketed spools on a rack? U could do bho. Alchohol or bubble?

I would definately keep versitility in mindā€¦ Im happy to ping pong ideas

Personally i would choose a different style of tank

Just a couple ideas