Best Icewater Hash System on the market?

Anybody seen or used this? XTR1000:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180809104248/http://icecold.org/

1 Like

I built a giant system in Adelanto for ETOH out of Brewtechs equipment, it’s all sitting available as fuck in a facility in Murietta and is all super plug and play. Being a brewer helped me understand all this.

2 Likes

im working on a cls/continuous icewater project. spare parts poc has exceeded my expectations. automation toys are on the way.

for anything more than a spoonful of yield; continuous discharge is necessary. gentle vibration to help mosey those moist trichs along off the separation surface works so well.

6 Likes

If you’re in CO and need a guinea pig :wink:

Yeah same idea, i made mine but same thing basically just way cheaper

2 Likes

Exactly what we did

2 Likes

Ice tracts has a nice washer as well

2 Likes

I’ll give it a look, there’s no mid-sized setups out there, it goes from bubble magic to ‘warner bros water tower’ in like 2 seconds flat

9 Likes

Guys, should I offer a conical vessel hash extraction system on my website?

Super easy with some triclamp fittings, large ass oil free compressor, or CO2, and/or ice…

Pressurize the vessel at the end and drain from the bottom.

Just need conical vessels with large enough manholes to take out the wash bags.

Can alternately house a 350-500u mesh filter before the triclamp drain, to catch the larget particles.

I see issues with flowability, and rinsing the bags, to get the loose trichs off the bagged material. I forsee the wet hash getting jammed between the conical wall and the biomass resting on the conical section.

Worse issues if the material is not in a bag, I would think the material would clog the drain.

:man_shrugging:t5:

If you add a screen half way down the conical you can stop the trapping issue for the most part and a rinse with water after removal of bags or biomass. My question is if the machine was jacketed could you use a chiller or diy cold box with pump to keep the solution cold enough to not need ice.

1 Like

There’s definitely an opportunity to use a small glycol unit that way to make SS Brewtech conicals usable for hash and be ice-free. The only thing I see you need otherwise is a welder buddy to help you create and fit up a false bottom in the correct location.

1 Like

I’m normally the welder buddy…sooooo…maybe I need to make my own

2 Likes

Oh man, that’s kick ass. I’m sure you’ll post results for me to drool over.

@SubstituteCreature LOL I am the welder buddy too. I am having my designer work up a drawing to modify one of the brewtech conical’s. Do you think it would have good yields without a lot of chlorophyll or plant matter.

2 Likes

I got a few of these conical fermenters with open tops off eBay. I added a stainless mesh grate inside so the hash has a resting place below all the agitation. Anyone Interested In them hit the dm.

7 Likes

I would say that would be relative to how hard the plant matter gets beat on to be honest, although the mesh would totally keep the larger chunks out - I would just be worried about clogs.

Also that’s a great idea! I mean dude to be honest it’s the same idea as a badass liquid cooling system in a computer but with a major league chiller. I haven’t really heard of it being used like that but holy fuck if that works sign me up

3 Likes

Its cheaper and more efficient to set up walk in refrigerators or freezers to store your process water and machine in.

The reuse water stays chilled, and everything else stays cold.

Chilling jackets on a machine is overall harder to get a really good stable low temp. Unless its double jacketed, its going to sweat alot.

Best to use the jacket as a vacuum and stick the process in a walk in that’ll use less energy to chill the whole room, than the chiller for a machines jacket.

5 Likes

All that shits overpriced. It’s so much easier to just make something

4 Likes

I used to hear this all the time about extraction equipment and yet we have bzb and huber

Solventless is worth more nowadays. Some people are trying to scale up.

2 Likes