Best Icewater Hash System on the market?

That’s Unfortunate, Would think they would have a more efficient way.

1 Like

I’ve seen them use square 220 micron work bags so really it’s just popping the bags out of the machine and emptying them/washing them outside of the Osprey itself. The cleaning method for it is pretty easy too as it just involves dumping a shit ton of iso in it and running it through. I thought the cube work bags were pretty fucking cool, let me see if I can find the video I saw it in

1 Like

Sweet the bag doesn’t interfere at all with the agitation?

2 Likes

That’s something i’ve wrestled with lately - I switched over to doing straight up hand washing with the nug free floating in the vessel itself. It’s a pain in the fucking ass but I’ve noticed I get way whiter hash out of it in the end and way more terp puddles. I would say a lot of work bags with minimal material in it so it can float freely would be ok in a larger vessel but personally I think the output would be worth cleaning up the mess. I store my recent scoops in a chest freezer but I’ve noticed that the free floating scoops just fucking reak up the whole freezer. It seems like a big pain in the ass, and it is but like everything else if you have a method it makes it easier. May I suggest a large spider ladle, it’s what they use to make fucktons of Pho.

I use one with sort of like devil horns at the top so you can wash with it (mine is pretty strong and can handle stirring a lot) and after the wash, stretch it over a 5g bucket to get the rest of the junk out after you scoop the floating bio which is the majority you’d run into. Honestly, there’s a million ways to skin a cat and I feel like bubble hash has been copied to death to where if you get creative, you’ll find certain tools that were never even thought of that’ll help you immensely.

Also, shit I don’t know why I didn’t say this - I personally use a stainless steel concrete mixing stirrer to super super super good success lately. Big fucking brute vessel with a pond pump that has a 220 micron bag fastened over it to keep the shit out of it. I hook the stirrer to an impact hammer and it can do fucking huge runs if you’ve got the barrel size. I normally keep 1 or 2 spare batteries nearby - each wash i’ll alternate between a minute or two of the impact hammer and a minute or two of stirring and making sure what was on bottom goes up on top and vice versa. The thing cost like 40 bucks. It’s a bit physically taxing but not like working a fucking paddle all day long

7 Likes

the quality from the drill is much less then of hand wash. Works for throughput but the press % will be much lower then the hand wash or machine washer that use a much more gentile technique.

5 Likes

Do you Think the Agitation From the osprey would be similar to hand washing?

The osprey is great, they didnt have one available when I was purchasing auto washer so we ended up with the icon 200. Manufacturer says you can run 200kg in a 8hr shift. We have gotten nowhere near that. More like 30kg every 8 hours. It takes for ever to collect 200 gallons of water every dump. Plus it takes a few mins to refill the system each time. If it had a vibratory separator setup it might be able to get closer to 60kg in 8 hrs but ive never ran a system that met the mfg quoted numbers.

We do not use the work bags any more as they would be damaged typically after 1-2 runs. When using 20 bags at 80$ a pop and they dont last for more then a day you move to bagless real quick. Bagless has its own issues and set of challenges. We are still working on figuring out how to scale our system. When we did 45kg runs as advertised our yields were so poor we would have to do 20+ washes to get similar yields to small hand washes of the same material. Their numbers say you can do 50kg in 2 hours with 8 15 min washes. Problem is it takes 30 mins to drain each wash.

7 Likes

That’s why I enjoy alternating between the two. I haven’t beaten it up enough doing that (yet) to make the output green so it’s in the right direction.

2 Likes

I couldn’t say really i’m just comparing price. I’ve seen some results from SC but I have zero experience with the Osprey so it wouldn’t be fair to compare them…

1 Like

Fair enough Appreciate the input

Anyone buy an Osprey yet? Or demo?

Do they work with the cube bags? Or does it rip them quickly too?

I have a few different sites that need a washing solution. Looking at the Osprey.

3 Likes

I have no experience but from other washer experience I do think the osprey is the better option.

We use to use a conical fermentor with an air line hooked up to the bottom to agitate and then dumped theu sets of bags. Boat hoist to remove the material bag. Was a pain but way easier than all the maytag washer we converted

9 Likes

I know the unit you speak of.

Didn’t some company make one like that awhile back? Mine was 12-3yrs ago when bubble was 10-12 wholesale. Good days, hardly anyone did anything with there trim. We got a lot for free for yrs by just hauling it away for them.

5 Likes

I have a water hash system available…

• 50kg capacity
  • Front loading with a spin cycle
  • Water Chiller and Filtering inline
  • Over 60sqft of stainless filtration
  • Automatically regenerated filters
  • Water purification for recirculation
  • ETL/US certificates as a Resin Extractor

Dm me for details, we can deliver with 60 days of payment.

2 Likes

Can we See a Photo?

1 Like

this thing? https://wackywillysweb.com/product/rocket-tank-17g-bubble-hash-extraction-washing-machine/

@downtheterphole any info on the vibratory separation device? Or did you just get this and sift mixed up (fair mistake, btw if so)

Get your own for cheaper. Just need to hook up your own air line.

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/chronicals/products/half-barrel-chronical-fermenter

11 Likes