Best foliars and rates

Has anyone had any luck on outdoor grows with fox farm big grow as a foliar. I fed 100% root based last year and am going to try foliars on a few plants this year. What do you like for products, rates and why?

I have personally used ā€˜boogie brewā€™ tea as a foliar along with other home made foliars/ teas with decent success. Havenā€™t really done a side by side to vouch for ā€˜effectivenessā€™ tho

I used terp tea a lot last year but never as a foliar. Have ran into some recent wind and rain damage to a lot of my leaves so going to try it on a few plants this year and see how they recover :broken_heart:

Ahhhh the great outdoors. Earlier enough they should bounce right back (unless autos). I like using water soluble calcium (cheap and easy) as a foliar as Iā€™m a believer in high levels of calcium as key to uptake so try to push Ca when possible. Ca chloride is also a good Ca foliar

3 Likes

Soluble Silica, Soluble fulvic (can also use ful power), kelp, willow extract and yucca is my ā€œbaseā€. You can add other additives to this as needed if you need higher n,p or k

Go browse Build a soilā€™s website.

7 Likes

@Hansel gets foliar

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Bills, spray-n-grow and coco wet. OG biowar foliar pack also is fantastic.

3 Likes

Sorry not sorry I dug up an old thread. One of my consults is getting their foliar lineup together for outdoor 2021.

It is:
AGT-50 Fulvic minerals (veg, transition, yes itā€™s a shameless plug!)
Calcium chloride (veg, transition)
Soluble kelp extract (1x @ transition for structure and vigor)
Potassium salts of fatty acids/insecticidal soap (every application for IPM and a sticker/spreader)

For more information, check out this awesome thread on biocontrols:

3 Likes

Is it shameless plug time?
We are harvesting locally sourced ( southern Oregon coast) sea life(or the remains as it were) ,creating hydrolysate and kelp concentrate.
We anticipate pulverized crab shells and possibly oyster shells.
Provide free delivery for 2 or more 55 gallon barrels divered at the same time, along the I-5 border west to the coast. .

1 Like

Something that I noticed, is that you can purchase Agt on Aamazon as Mr Fulvic! (Itā€™s the smaller bottles, which work great for me because I canā€™t afford to purchase a gallon outright! I think itā€™s righteous, and I canā€™t wait to find it in Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart!)

2 Likes

Heavy16 foliar 20ml/L
-Micro and Macro Nutrients

Athena Stack 2ml/L
-Kelp
-Humic

DEM Natural Mistik 1TSP/L (Steeped 24hr first)
-Kelp
-Nettle
-Alfalfa
-Humic
-Beneficial Bacteria

Kelp4Less Extreme Blend 0.7g/L
-Kelp
-Fulvic/Humic
-Aminos

Powdered Aloe 1g/L
-Salycilic Acid
-Saponins
-Aminos / Micronutrients

AGT50 0.5ml/L
-Fulvic
-Minerals

4 Likes

Of course, Iā€™m going to suggest fulvic acid. That said, I have an entire section of my wiki dedicated to biostimulants and IPM.

Foliar is the best way to give plants a growth boost, prevent pests, and quickly correct deficiencies.

4 Likes