Best cutting agent for the carts

1 Like

Back to topic:
Any news on best cutting agent for carts (disty/isolate)?
Iā€™ll try the next days the 90/10 ratio C8/TEC with isolate and will report Back how it went.

2 Likes

MCT and c8 isolate is the best Iā€™ve tried thus far. Least taste imparted when Vaped. PG peg and vg all seen to have slightly different levels of soapy taste

2 Likes

Would live rosin with few drops of pure cannabis terps blended with a homogenizer work for creating cart consistency and still being pure cannabis only

3 Likes

Rosin as in pressed fresh material correct?

I canā€™t wait until hemp sourced terps get cheap enough to be used as diluent for the masses.

I am neutral about information, so here goes flavor with vg/pg. The tastes imparted by PG, VG and even PEG can be mitigated by vape juice quality control and flavor enhancement. If you are gonna cheap out, look to another ā€œcottage industryā€ that has already nailed down cheaping out

PG and VG mixes must be homogenized and steeped prior to mixing with extract and more homogenization. Any extracts being cut must have as many extra components removed such as waxes, fats, and if possible gums

The harshness is the only thing one cannot escape with pg, the separation over time/sweetness with vg

2 Likes

Live Rosin is fresh frozen water hash pressed into rosin. I could be wrong, but, to my knowledge you donā€™t want to press FF botanical material.

2 Likes

Xtralaboratories has a full hemp derived terpene line. They taste pretty damn good. I use their wifi og and they formulated one of our popular stains, so we always have the terps because they canā€™t grow enough for me to extract to give em that much HTE.

@TheFrenchie and HTE carts are the best Iā€™ve ever made. But, you have to be sure that you dewaxed properly beforehand. Not doing so will make them all cloudy and thick. Which can definitely ruin your experience.

5 Likes

Those bottles cost twice as much as a botanical blend and they are mostly botanical. I love the idea, but would rather do it myself.

1 Like

Yes, I did it and still think the taste of an HTE carts is nowhere near the taste of a dab (really what I was looking for). To me, I like cannabis-derived terpenes better. I know it makes no sense for someone who makes thousands of carts, but I want to make the better carts as possible, my clients will pay.

what brand of cart were you using?

1 Like

CCELLā€™s carts from APEX ! And my source of HTE is VERY good !

1 Like

What are the materials in the banger you are comparing the cart to?
Have you ever had full ceramic carts?
Are you comparing HTE distillate syringes to carts or just sauce/diamonds? Distilate has been processed at higher temperatures.

Maybe it is the distillate in the hte cart imparting the ā€œbad tasteā€, maybe it is the gear being used to vaporize it.

1 Like

I thought CCELL was full ceramic carts and the best as far as the taste? I am talking straight HTE. No distillate cutting. I try it all, with, and without distillate, still the same to me. My distillate is organic, odour and taste less. I think the problem must be me, or my cannabis-derived terpenes too good lol

I am assuming your banger is either quartz or a higher grade material like sulicone carbide. C-Cell carts are great, but you cannot expect them to preform the same as a 20-100 dollar component attached to a 50-5000 dollar piece of glass.

I would compare it to a walmart lg android not stacking up to a samsung galaxy. Each has their place.

3 Likes

On Xtralab website, about their fullspectrum lines: ā€œbotanical terpene formulations which are then infused with organic, hemp derived terpenesā€, look like they are not ā€œrealā€ cannabis derived, they just infused the botanic terpenes in hemp derived terpenes (maybe I am wrong tho).

4 Likes

I totally see that, too. It kinda makes sense to what you say. But, I also take it as, they used their original recipes for the flavor blends. And now they are using hemp derived terpenes for their recipe.

I also could be way off, too

I was wrong about the blend. They are more extensive than the regular botanical blends, but they still have some botanicals in there. They arenā€™t able to source all of them from hemp just yet, but they are working on it.

I was totally misquoting what I was informed. My bad

2 Likes

I have been using True Terpenes for about 2 years and unlike other guys they actually list exactly what terpenes are in each formula. No smoke and mirrors or tricky word play. The only other terps I have used are Holy Terps and they are not even comparable. I hear Floraplex are good too.
https://buy-terpenes.com/product-category/ttp/profiles/

Just noticed Soxhlet posted a review less than 10 mins ago

1 Like