Best cutting agent for the carts

Hah! I linked your other post reply to it!
Great minds think alike :wink:

1 Like

No problem, I am a terpenes freak lool ! There is too many ā€œfakeā€ terps sellers. But like you just said, they must be better than most. I try Trinity Terpenes botanical terpā€™s, not bad. They also have something name T-Zero to liquify (better than TEC Temper and TT Liquify), Denver Terpenes do a good job too.

2 Likes

I second Beaker. What is actually in it?

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming you mean whats left after crystallization?

They say not to use it with cbd is can spreate and turnā€milkyā€

So fucking trueā€¦

I like 90/10 disti 2 terps blend

However, I havenā€™t given up on PG:
Found a study that PG can be effective at combating viral infections of the lungs and also fungal and possibly bacterial.
ā€”obvious concern is that conversation to aldehydes.
With CCEL ceramics and low ohm watt batteries, I canā€™t say that the conditions under which studies showed conversion to aldehydes exists.
Iā€™d love to do a study using the actual carts and lab testing the end product of vaporization etc that hits the lungsā€¦

Might be pretty cool to do peer testing and devise a protocol to test and go from thereā€¦

1 Like

As far as VISCOSITY concerns are ā€” I have had ZERO issues with 90% distillate in CCELL carts.
So IMO using MCT or other non-medicinal cutting agents is PURELY GREED and just unethical.

Point is: WHY!!! thereā€™s literally zero reason to add that to a vape cart. Itā€™s not medicinal, itā€™s not needed for viscosity concernsā€¦so why?

6 Likes

i totally agree @anon86230761. Even my fake Ccells flow absolutely perfect with 90/10 and no cut. Im so with you on the greed or desperation. The carts i make dont move at all till heated. I see friends with liquid moving cartsā€¦i say those are cut you have no clue whats in themā€¦THEY just dont give a fuck. Until there is a standard for this stuff or someone gets hurt we will continue to see heavily cut cartridges.

8 Likes

I havenā€™t seen any actual study using a vaporizor that show conversions to aldehydes in the vapes we use in the industry I donā€™t think they burn hot enough

PEG400 is the best solution I have found. 1;1 ratio with some terps dropped in. MCT oil is not good to vape from what I have read, also it makes the rubber in the syringe bleed and removes ink from outside of the syringe so I personally think it is not the best.

1:1šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø That wonā€™t get me high at all.

Set this straight @qma!!!:joy::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

He is talking about for isolate carts.

@apollojmr Cutting agents arenā€™t necessary for syringes, why would one dab cbd in a syringe?

1 Like

Peg 400 when vaped turns into foremaldeheyde

Have fun smoking embalming fluid

Lmfao

5 Likes

@qma

Ok letā€™s look at isolate carts. So you take a 99.9% isolate cut it to 50% then divide it by so many hits in a cartridgeā€¦ what kinda relief can use expect with that small of a cannabinoid amount??

Letā€™s say thatā€™s a gram cartridge and it normally takes someone 300mg of cbd for pain relief. You would have to smoke 60% of that cart to get that type of relief??

3 Likes

Your issue in that scenario is physics. The cbd crystallizes and falls out of solution in really high concentrations. Isolate isnā€™t too useful as an end product and just mixing it up and slapping it into a cart is also lazy. Since the novelty of cbd is fading this is not a sustainable practice

3 Likes

For me there was 2 reasons. My cart was clogging and it was affecting my business and B my competition was dropping the price so much i was going out of business. But in the end once I got all those cuts I just couldnt do it because at the end of the day it was greed and about money. So I just cut it with other cannabinoids which actually changed the viscosity. It lowered the overall thc content but Iā€™m still keeping my integrity. I also cut the total people working for me accepted making less profit. At the end of the the market is ever changing and you have to make changes to still compete. I will refuse to lie to my customer, I refuse to bullshit people to make money.

9 Likes

So I had posed this question in a dm with a respected individual from the forum I donā€™t want to just name out thereā€¦

Could, and would, a person want to cut excessively and offering varying ranges of potency when making thc carts? If a person were to do so, what product would be recommended?

If weā€™re working with thc concentrates and converting them into disposable carts, weā€™re not talking about reducing the medicinal value, more about making a product safe to use by beginnerā€™s or those who simply donā€™t want something that gets them so high they canā€™t drive in as little as two puffs.

I liked his take on it, but Iā€™d like to hear some other thoughts on the safety or otherwise of doing such a thing. Remember Mexican regular weed ranks in at 5-13% or something and there are people perfectly satisfied with those ranges of potency.

3 Likes

Use cryo-ethanol extracted Raw oil.
Itā€™s dark but 83-88% and has the most medicinal value period IMO.

You wanna cut that down more? Well, that is the debate until we conduct real scientific studies that are based on the real life carts and vape battery ranges.

I think very small amounts of PG and terps but Iā€™m still not sold on PG if <200Ā°C does or does not form aldehydes :man_shrugging:

Plus, that raw will still have some terps intact

Co2 oil also is lower values so pretty basic concepts there.
ā€”USE delta 8??

Just donā€™t put shit thatā€™s bad for people in there.
For example ā€” poly-chlorinated synthetic sugars like sucralose is poison. Any supplement company that uses that shit in preWorkout or protein powder or whatever loses my business right away. Etc

1 Like
*edit* hadn't read the whole thread when I posted this. True Terps has responded to the claims as false, I guess if you really want to know it'll cost you the terpene analysis ($75 in my experience, don't know why that place charges 300..) *edit*

Any thoughts on these TT viscosity results from extractNinja on ICmag?

From the true terpenes site: ā€œVISCOSITY Extract Liquifier is the original flavorless odorless extract diluent made from a blend of 100% organic terpenes.ā€

According to the lab, ā€œ[t]he sample did not show any signs of terpenes in the mixture.
The sample a blend of some very heavy, non-volatile, odorless
material, along with some mineral oil.ā€

https://buy-terpenes.com/products/viscosity/viscosity-extract-liquifier/

4 Likes