Best cutting agent for the carts

Aren’t terpenes pretty rough on your mucus lining and lungs since they are solvents? Ever read the msds for terpenes? Why do you think terpenes are “better” than medium chain triglycerides?

5 Likes

I spend a lot of my time reading SDSs. Terpenes are one of the scary ones for sure when you dig into the SDS. A lot of the warnings however are referring to raw and undiluted terpenes. I’m sure once these products are diluted with distillate or what ever it is your putting in your cart, they are generally safer than the raw ingredient. Its just like everything in life, try everything twice and do things appropriately and in moderation. I personally am still smoking on my home made CBD disty carts that contain only terpens and TEC temper and i haven’t noticed any adverse health effect on myself.

Edit: With that being said i am always trying to come up with ways to create a more natural product that doesn’t keep me up at night wondering if im giving myself cancer.

6 Likes

Still use it for cooking, d00d, and ingesting. I’m absolutely certain they don’t condone it to be vaped. Guaranteed. You’re only defending yourself because you are cutting your carts for maximum profit, ya? Not quality?

2 Likes

Just curious if there’s any studies about the effects of smoking hydrocarbons? Being that terpenes are solvents it can’t be good to inhale their vapors in high concentrations. In my experience strong flavored cartridges tend to be a little harsh (Tingly sneezy feeling in my nose and slight throat irritation). While I like the idea of having all cannabis derived ingredients (viscosity) I’m not sure using flavorless terps is any better than other non cannabis cutting agents. Would love to hear others experience with viscosity in regards to harshness.

2 Likes

I’m using diluents to make my full spectrum shatter/wax to be less viscous for use in a cart

1 Like

Audra,
Please find out why your “terpene blend” of Viscosity has a boiling point of 545f? Terpenes do not boil at that temperature, corn oil however does.

Here is my reference: https://buy-terpenes.com/certificates/sds/VISCOSITY_SDS_True_Terpenes.pdf

I’m not believing this whole “it’s a terpene story”. Your staff told me otherwise on the phone a few months before this product launched.

5 Likes

I find viscosity harsh on the throat. I wasted $135 for a bottle and I used a couple drops.

If anyone else wants it, I am willing to get rid of it for $50 + shipping.

7 Likes

Caryophyllene oxide has a rather high bp of around 495*f .

6 Likes

I believe Floraplex is coming out with a cutting agent soon

4 Likes

I was going to check out viscosity but now I’m not sure if I will. How is the vape experience when using teithly citrate (spelling )

2 Likes

Just tried it out the other day it seems to be fine. Not going to end up using it for our retail line though. There is something about TEC temper that makes me feel safer than just using triethyl citrate… probably just the price point. i feel safer b.c. its more expensive and name brand honestly. But i’ve been smoking on it in a personal vape cart and haven’t noticed any adverse health effects as of yet. If you don’t hear from me for week though ive deff been killed by vaping things from perfumers apprentice.

7 Likes

I love some of the flavors from TPA/TFA.

1 Like

This is the first product i have ever purchased from them. Everything they have is cheap though and that always makes me nervous. Should i be any more or less concerned with their brand over tru terps or abstrax?

1 Like

I have been digging the strains from Floraplex, and flavors from TFA. And the bubblegum is bomb!

I did a 3% Durban Poison and 3% Girl Scout Cookies from Floraplex and it was good.

How about a link for a top notch MCT. Also, the thread this is for, I feel like the one posting it is livimg in my world. A great link to top MCT for dist would rock. Thanx :facepunch:t3::wink::dash:

I have exactly the same questions you’re asking. Was just about to post a few of those questions as well. Thanx. And keep me posted.

Was very evident she was affiliated. But that doesn’t mean what she said is bs. Yrs on forums is push a product line i brought to America but I only really Brought it here because I used it, I was still using it and it was awesome. I wasn’t able to hustle the finalized product (nugs) to all of America but I was able to bring the product that produced my finalized product and share that great experience with others. I wouldnt even waste my time sellin somethin I didn’t use or believe in myself.

Nah if she truly believes in it ans used it for herself for yrs, nothin wrong with that. I responded to another post in this thread of a product I brought to America a decade ago. People In forums said the same thing ur sayin. Any plenty actually gave it a shot. It was a product I used myself for yrs.

1 Like

Ur welcomed around my way any time. All well said and stated. But I thought with terps no matter what nvr more than 10% to a distillate cart?? :facepunch:t3::wink::dash::dash: