Bath Bombs/Salts Bioavailability

Yeah this isn’t the type of conversation you intended to inspire!? @cyclopath CBD cement slabs on my front porch will knock out two birds to get stoned. I’ll be able to ground myself and absorb all the cannabinoids through my feet at the same time!

2 Likes

So folks really have THC to pour in the bathtub? Really?
Blood of the poor just isn’t leaving you refreshed anymore?

1 Like

It’s the ultimate flex. 300 liters of disty in the tub

6 Likes

Is this not how you use bath bombs usually? Step 1: sit on bathbomb, Step 2: cannonball into bathtub, Step 3: enjoy cbd effects

4 Likes

Just woke up on my CBD pillow. :man_dancing:t3:

1 Like

15 maybe 20 years ago some company made a topical (steroids + antiinflamator + something else, anyway without cannabinoids but that doesn’t matter) enriched in agents helping with transdermal transfer and it worked so well they shelved the product after derma trials.

Skin’s role is to protect our insides from the outside world. They delivered what they wanted where they wanted but there was an issue. Some unwanted stuff would also get in freeriding on whatever they used as the transdermal agent. Enough to make the product unsafe to use.

1 Like

DMSO is bad news bears

2 Likes

This.

This :raised_hands:

One thing about hand sanitizer.

The CBD part of it is totally fucking stupid, but most companies are doing it because they have the materials to make it and producing this would allow them to stay open as an “essential business.” At least in CO that’s what I’m seeing.

I’m personally not doing that because it seems opportunistic and taking advantage of a terrible situation. But if people aren’t price gouging and just making something that’s in short supply with what’s on hand, I’m not bothered by it.

2 Likes

Bioavailability isn’t applicable to ANYTHING unless it’s orally ingested or intravenously injected, EVEN then it’s ONLY applicable to things that actually reach the circulatory system.

-CS

4 Likes

I bought 5 gallons and some bottles and have been just including them for free with my online orders, even then felt kinda scummy to advertise it so I didint because some people might just order so they can get the sanitizer.

Really disappointed at the amount of companies claiming “CBD will help with you get a good nights rest, therefore help your stay healthier and not get the Coronavirus!” #coronavirus. It’s a real bad look for everybody

3 Likes

Yeah that is scummy.

We had the opportunity to sell some hand sanitizer and I declined because it felt gross.

Genuine question:
Arnica cream and gel is used after surgeries, why wouldn’t cannabis topicals/bath bombs work?

2 Likes

I have a big family in town including some older people and some immune compromised so I made bottles for them as well, all of the stores are sold out of hand sanitizer still.

Really don’t understand why the hoarders just order their items online, it’s the same retail therapy either way.

2 Likes

Giving it out for free is great, I can’t imagine anyone having an issue with that.

The hoarding has been interesting to say the least… like why toilet paper?!

2 Likes

Yeah that one is strange. Not sure who even has enough space in their home to hoard toilet paper, unless they are forming new furniture out of it or something

1 Like

Yeah, and I’d still argue that “blood serum level” should not be the only measure of “was any of that available to the subject in a biologically relevant manner”.

Is “bioavailability” strictly the correct term?

Dunno. Probably gonna poke at the all knowing one at some point…

Edit: eg dermal bioavailability - Google Search suggests that using “bioavailability” in the same sentence as “dermal” is not unusual…

3 Likes

:joy: ur the man

And you’re correct that pharmacologists have defined it as equivalent to “serum level”, although they don’t seem terribly concerned with route of administration.

10min didn’t yield any alternate vocabulary for measuring that which effects the monkey without reaching the bloodstream…by which point I’d squirreled :rofl:

5 Likes