Bath Bombs/Salts Bioavailability

It helps to see what works for others. I.E. nerolidol or some other terpene, instead of trying hundreds before finding one that works

It’s hard to say sometimes if the relief comes from the actual CBD or the ivy, aloe, or arnica in the topicals. I have heard good things recently about nano topicals

You can absolutely make a therapeutic skin product without nano delivery! it’s great for one reason: Nano works as a permeation enhancer and helps in lowering the amount of oil to get a proper therapeutic effect, without it you’ll be battling tackiness and people just don’t like that feeling.

you need a lot more than an ingredient list to get a marketable product- there are a lots of small details and ratios that need to be worked out to make sure it is Something people are going to want to use repeatedly.

Keeping a homogenous mix stable and maintaining the correct texture is also not just like baking a box cake- it’s gonna take some practice like anything wkse

3 Likes

So… the relief should not just come from one ingredient

If you wanted that just blend some isolate with DMSO and some base cream and call it a day

No one will buy it though

2 Likes

Topical application does not require transdermal absorption to be effective. There are many studies that prove this. But, clowns will be clowns :clown_face:

1 Like

Go ahead and post your bath bomb studies, it’s a fad product and akin to infusing cbd into yoga pants.

2 Likes

There are numerous studies on topical administration of cannabinoids. A bath bomb is a full body topical.

I have personally sold your products, in both dispensary and hemp CBD store settings.

Are you manufacturing both in the same facility? I have a friend here in Southern California who has a licensed facility with a CO2 extractor and they have asked me if i want to rent a space in it to make my hemp products.

We have separate facilities. Hemp and licensed mfg in CA cannot be done on the same premises. If they have multiple suites in the same building or a way to subdivide it may be legally permissible. The BCC/CDPH is very strict on these types of separations.

I agree with you when you say you can make a therapeutic “skin” product without nano emulsions. Many things can make your skin feel good but when you want to rub some thing on you that penetrates deeper and helps muscle pain, nerve damage, or even a migraine you need a nano emulsion. Like I said I have made both types of tropicals and the difference is very observable. The ones where the base make you feel good is obviously the base the ones where the Cannabinoids are working have real lasting effects deep down.

@sparklingwater your name perfectly describes what a bath bomb is. A sparkling water mix that does nothing real with cannabinoids. I dont doubt your customers love your bath bombs who doesnt like having extra things in the tub with them to make them feel good. All I’m saying here is that that “feel good” sensation is not from cannabinoids because they are not entering the blood stream. And for you to call me a clown is hilarious. I’m not some dude who plays with bud in his down time I have been working in the medical market for quite some time and have learned more than my fair share of this industry from hands on expreiance. Extraction and formulation experience. I think it’s people like you who push their thoughts and ideas on the uneducated that give this industry a bad name.

2 Likes

Although your insecurity may mislead you, I was not calling you a clown. But like I said before, topical does not require blood adsorption. There are cannabinoid receptors in the skin. And like I mentioned, there are numerous studies showing the efficacy of a non-transdermal topical delivery system.

Yes and the concentration of actives in a bath bomb is so incredibly minute that they are wholly ineffective- the essential oil or whatever other co-formulas are doing the work

My company has been formulating and making Effective and well researched topicals for decades, I know how dermal absorption works-

whatever study you found is clearly not being interpreted with anything other than a burning desire to sell more of your dumb poorly thought out bath bomb line.

We used to use the concept of CBD bath bombs as a way to imply that the company has no idea what they are doing and are basically green rushers, now I refer to y’all as the hand sanitizers cause that’s the next big thing.

As far as non transdermal topical absorption goes… what are you implying? The cbd is absorbed via the vaginal mucosa? Are we talking pessiaries? How about anal mucosa? Are you seriously telling me you’re telling people to boof a solution of bath bombs? How does one topically apply a medicine if not via the dermis? Am I missing something? Armpits have blood vessels a bit closer to the surface but that’s still dermal. You’re literally making an example of yourself and I love it

4 Likes

This is definitely the direction I wanted this to go.

@sparklingwater I have sold these (for you) before. They are about the size of a golf ball and contain 10mg CBD. I always wondered are they designed for a foot bath? How much CBD is absorbed putting this into a full sized bath tub

Next you’ll be telling me that cannabinoid infused therapeutic cement is a waste of cannabinoids…just like the damn boss :rofl:

10 Likes

Yeah those were released initially for nail salons to do pedicure soaks with. Our standard bomb is 7oz and is a significant volume for a normal tub. We personally use the minis for foot or hand soaks

You’re an actual clown. Non transdermal topical does not mean “boofing”. The skin absorbs quite a lot into varying layers depending on carrier.

I’m going to start selling CBD enemas as “boof bombs” god knows people are going to be sitting around the house bored wanting to do solo buttplay might as well cater to the CBd for everything crowd while they’re still ripe eh?

6 Likes

Good luck

Sparkling boof bombs sound tingly

2 Likes

If you personally can administer this I will buy a lifetime supply!

1 Like