Badder tek

Your run times wouldn’t be so damn long if you didn’t run an excess of fuel. Then you could recover colder and save more Terps…

Come on now man, you could easily do a better job. Recover at 120???

Recovering that hot truly shits all over the work you’re doing.

Try 85°

11 Likes

You have people that work under you? Aren’t you the valve jokey?

1 Like

I’ll try it out today and see how it goes. Just got to the lab I’ll try half the solvent on one machine than I normally use as well as lower recovery temps with the same bio.

3 Likes

Nope I wrote the SOP’s, built the extractors and got them certified, got all the MSDS and whatnot. I do metrc, all the logs, muff, pack columns and keep the lab clean.

1 Like

Holy shit 85f? Thats literally room temp broski. Run would take literally 6 hours if I recovered that low. 115f was still able to do a run in 60 minuets.

Also, here’s a side by side comparison, same bio, same crc same everything . Except one was ran with half as much solvent.

Why the fuck did I get an extra 100 grams on the one with 80 pounds of solvent?
Do you wanna tell me again to calculate my time?

Haters gonna hate and say I picked up fats or lipids, fuck no. All that extra tane ensures I get everything and leave nothing stuck in the crc. Ya’ll complain about low yields on CRC yet im achieving 16-20 yields with CRC. How many of you flush the crc after the column is down, thats wasting SOOO much time.

Missing out on 100 grams is a fireable offence. That’s an extra $1000 in product on every single run. And ya’ll wanna bitch about me taking an extra 20 minuets. If I found out you were using minimum tane in my lab you’d get fired for trying to cut corners.

2 Likes

Those are the same yields I got with 10:1 solvent ratio and my outdoor from last season…with light crc.

9 Likes

Cool :+1:

I find the sweet spot for me to be around 6-7lbs of solvent per lb of biomass. Piss and moan all you want that I’m a hater, you’re the guy running 15lbs of solvent per lb of biomass…

I recover at 85°f and am recovering 2lbs a min average. Only reason 85 would take you that long is cause you still run to much solvent

5 Likes

Id absolutely love a video of you recovering 60 pounds in 30 minuets at 85f.

You want to make a terpy badder and recover at 120 degrees? Word boi.

5 Likes

I think @ExTek90 is right on with this. You need more terpenes in the final product if you want it to look wet.

The more solvent you have to evaporate, the more terpenes are going to evaporate along with that solvent.

In your case because you’ve diluted the extract so much, the terpenes have no trouble evaporating from the solution because there’s less surface tension at least the first half of your solvent evaporation.

9 Likes

Well kinda rips since the facility here only has about 4%-8% total terpines on their flower depending on the strain. I seem to get the same terpine contents as the flower I run. Probably nothing I can do about that as that.

1 Like

Unfortunately all these Crude factories don’t care about quality

7 Likes

Hell yeah I actually messaged an extract company in Oklahoma on instagram today and they shared their badder tek with me. And guess what, it ends up in a novac oven at 115f

Well you clearly need no help from us. Keep up the boof work

13 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of other people here recovering at 120f, posts you’ve even engaged in and for some reason it didn’t bother you then because you didn’t mention how wrong it is.

Sounds like you got it champ! Glad you found a spoon you felt fit your mouth. Ours are apparently too big here…

6 Likes

Lol get back over to the crystallization sub. I’ve won multiple high times cups doing what I do so calling me a crude factory is far from it.

it’s a difference in philosophy. I know folks recovering between 120-150°f. And some who never touch 85°

Hands down, oil recovered at a lower temp is better. Never had oil tecovered that hot that blew my mind, generally it was all bland and void of any noticeable flavor

It’s not my job to correct and save every person who wants to recover to hot. Do what works for you.

6 Likes

Doing that in plastic storage containers right? Same guy?

3 Likes