Badder tek

No. Not ok then. You are running way more solvent than you need to. You are wasting time and money on every run you do.

You could triple your daily through put. Time. Money.

10 Likes

Why why why? Maybe if your working self employed and work your own hours. If we don’t soak I can run two 5lb columns in 60 minutes. Don’t need to be running 80 pounds a day we don’t have the sales demand. I’m paid hourly. The difference in 50 or 90 pounds would be about ~20 min recovery time difference lol.

That’s how we do round here. Maybe someday you can too. Grind.

12 Likes

Its always different when your the one writing the check vs just getting one

8 Likes

No kidding. Talk about milking hrs

18 Likes

Im sure he could figure out how to get a raise by making that same amount of time more profitable. I would have just fired him, plenty of valve jockeys for 16-20$ an hour

8 Likes

Yeah, still definitely no need to be making 50k in product everyday. That trim bill would be about 100k a week too if I went that hard.

1 Like

You don’t think there’s other things for me to do? With 4 runs in 3 hours that gives me another 5-6 hours to unpack/pack columns, clean and repack crc’s, clean the lab and muff the slabs. My pay is well earned and deserved.

And yeah, to find a valve jockey that can assemble custom closed loops efficiently on his own and is willing to pack 8 columns everyday 6 days a week while running 2-3 closed loops on his own.

1 Like

My guys clean, pack, gring all while runing the machine im fully aware of multiple things to do. I use to do all that off grid by myself im not a rookie. Its the attitude of i could make more but nah. You had 90# in stock not to long ago that goes quick apparently. That is just rhe attitude of a hour worker not a piece worker. You dont think your boss would appreciate it if you were able to get more production in the same amount of time. No offense intended its different when those things matter to you as a boss/owner.

6 Likes

Ahhhh, I think I see what’s happening here:

So, question, if you’re running active, what temp is your collection pot?

If you’re running 95 lbs of solvent through that collection pot, and it’s overly warm, the compressor pulling on the pot is likely taking some of your terps along with the solvent. Those terps will probably end up back in the tank and/or in your beads, assuming you run beads. The reason you’re getting crumble instead of badder is because of minimal terp content.

So, either your weed isn’t very terpy, or you’re pushing the terps off in the pot, or the oven, or during whipping.

Edit: Another question, if you do use beads, when you regenerate them, does the water that comes off smell terpy?

6 Likes

Fold it between a piece of parchment or a silicon mat and press the hell out of it. I’ve ‘revived’ so many batches of badder this way

1 Like

We still have 60# of that 90. Haven’t moved that much. If my boss wanted more production he would tell me and get me a couple grunts to help with labor and we would do it. I wouldn’t be the sole person in this extraction facility if the market wasn’t flooded with product.

Lol

This mindset.

6 Likes

Our water baths runs consistently at around 120f running through the collection. How do you regenerate beads? We usually replace them once a month. We definitely have some terpy stuff but it could be better.

That’s pretty hot.

Put 'em in a vac oven @ 350-400F, use an aspirator to pull the water out after an hour.

3 Likes

It might be, but our recovery times are increased by about 35-45 minutes if they were lowered to let’s say 110. If we purge in the 90’s under full vac I wouldn’t think 120f under pressure would be too different

Yeah I guess you’re right, lol.

2 Likes

Lol, I’m actually paid salary so it’s flat rate each week. Thought you guys would bitch less if I said hourly but no you’ll bitch about anything and everything.

3 Likes

I’m not saying I am right that’s just how my thought process approached it. I’ve written the SOP for our extractors so someone with more knowledge could enlighten on the temps of recovery.

1 Like

Well, I’m not gonna full blown spoon feed ya, just keep in mind you want more terps, and there’s ways to adjust your parameters to mitigate terp loss.

Some R&D would serve you well, or perhaps a consult if you’re impatient. (Not me, I’m not consulting rn.)

1 Like