Apothecary36 filter tek 2.0 LLE

I get your argument, I’m just pointing out verifying it is hard.

5 Likes

Especially with cosolvents like terpenes. Got u Playa

5 Likes

Truth. Found this out two weeks ago winterizing 11lb pf ugly bho. Used to do 6:1 meoh/bho and would always do room temp then cold. With less solvent there was probably only .5g wax left after the cold winterization.

Oh, almost forgot. Fam and stuff.

6 Likes

I would of paid for the warm tek but super appreciative its on here, winterization is probably the one step in the whole thing I have needed to step my game up with

Have you countinued to use methanol with this technique or since some water is absorbed the methanol is thrown away?

Seems like this could add alot of methanol costs is there a way to add 10% water to methanol to push out wax than reuse the methanol on the next batch?

1 Like

Water and methanol do not have an azeotrope. Methanol distills out very easily

7 Likes

Thanks. The cat is out zee bag :joy:

Have you tried using heptane instead of hexane? Hexane is pretty nasty (toxic) stuff…

Yea I prefer hexane. Suit up!

4 Likes

Can anyone chime in if heptane will work just as good as hexane? I think so…

@Kingofthekush420

1 Like

Yes it will. Takes longer to distill but only marginally

2 Likes

I’ve always used Heptane as I found that it seperates quicker then other hydro carbons when used with methanol

Also isn’t a neuro toxin and has a way higher boiling point so you’re not getting as much toxic vapor when you use it

5 Likes

I’ll confirm as well. heptane works great.

I have also made a few hexane extracted, meoh winterized, lle to pentane and the extracts were fantastic! great flavor profile and far superior to any ethanol extract ive tried.

Yes you can also reuse your methanol and water, you can also reproof it much easier than ethanol as it doesnt form any azeotropes with water.

3 Likes

I had some diamonds and sauce made with cold methanol extraction lle into pentane. As good as any of the butane extracts I’ve had.

8 Likes

2RL has always been solid for me. I’ve tested them against others.

This might clear distillate of a ~5% MCT contamination? I’d be elated

Ooh or maybe seed oil. Wouldn’t hurt to try some tests on plain mct oil and the clean solvents. The biggest issue is see is the terpenes holding onto trace amounts

1 Like

@Apothecary36

I have tried your dewax method mentioned above and it did seem to work great but i have a question for you and everyone…

How do we construct or operate a LLE system that makes the above proccess fully work?

When i did this i had slight wax lines in my distillate even after viciously mixing in my reactor for a long time to try to get all the waxes/lipids in the hexane…

Is there a way to improve this method? Is it just extending the time so all the hexane comes into contact with waxes/lipids or is there a more pro system to do a full perfect LLE w this method…

Cheers

Did you winterize before the LLE? I never see wax in my distillate

Can u share pics?

I did:

Heptane extract
Roto Solution
Dissolve in methanol and filter through 1micron
Mix methanol solution violently with hexane for 1hr
Remove methanol and roto
Distill…

Saw the lipid/wax streaks…

How long are you doing mixing/LLE for brother? What do you think I did wrong?

Hmm not sure honestly