Apothecary36 filter tek 2.0 LLE

8 to 1 or 10 to 1

Methanol to oil

5 Likes

It will if you dilute it with water

4 Likes

Do you have residual solvent tests to prove you’re pulling all the methanol out?

I would never use methanol in any extract im not distilling

3 Likes

Awesome post fam bam… thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I only winterize for distillate. Appreciate your concern.

I must say I was inspired by @Kingofthekush420 LLE teks

9 Likes

Buuuuut

I have expiremented with LLE to shatter/ diamonds carts

Check out my sour garlic cookies on my ig

These were made by winterizing in methanol and LLE back to pentane followed by several flushes of filtered water.

Sour Garlic Cookies grown knf, veganic and above 2000 ft elevation! These traditional flowers were grown, harvested, deleafed and trimmed by hand in California. Then, we processed the trimmings and small buds into oil perfection. Dont let the color fool you. This was harvested in October 2019, and have aged amazingly! The cannabinoids have naturally aged into their more potent, sleepy-time causing forms. This definitely isn’t live resin. Ill call it dead head resin. Shout out @mosthighfarms
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGLanP7Bcc7/?igshid=p1ajb26mnxw6

7 Likes

you could be a marketer.

2 Likes

If you’d like ill get one tested. Maybe the famz on future can pay for the test at 2 river labs

3 Likes

no testing distillate for methanol please fam

Those carts are not disty!

I enjoyed the carts that you sent to me. What were they? They were certainly enjoyable all the same

Same same

2 Likes

If anything I’d do @kcalabs

For residual solvents? Are u sure 2 river labs isn’t good enough they are state licensed u know this sac town representatives stand up

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgCMJhjhywt/?igshid=1203cyebo8cku (sticky boogaz)

1 Like

How do you know you’re dropping all waxes out with cold methanol? There could be some amount that’s still soluble. I’m not sure anyone’s 100% is really 100%.

3 Likes

The hexane LLE

Best thing would be to continue to add water until oil louches out. If the louched oil comes out at a similar potency to the oil recovered from the rest of the methanol you’re probably pretty close. Maybe a little bit less, I’d say less than 1-2% with that method. Better than ethanol anyways since that’s the gold standard…

1 Like

Id be down to send to kca for wax/ lipid and methanol once I gather the funds

2 Likes

Try cold crashing in acetonitrile some time. You’ll see waxes crash that methanol failed on.

2 Likes

Right but I’m pulling that last bit into the non polar

2 Likes