Anyuse the hydrocarbon company for gas

Riiiiiight.

I have your tank in storage waiting to get tested. Do you want to come check it out as earlier offered? What company should I test it with?

You can take it up with your client.

1 Like

Great customer service.

Sorry for making you so upset. They told me that you were pretty upset, I don’t understand why though because you:

1. Don’t need my money
  2. Don’t care about consumers
  3. Don’t understand the value of time
1 Like

Did I get you dropped from a reputable vendor? Oops.

1 Like

Your a straight up liar. Your post is right above and this is what you posted

“Bitch come over here and let me spray you with this so called “faint smelling gas” and I’ll let you go home smelling like a nasty garlic shit. Keep downplaying the problem which affects consumer products in California.”

Your a real piece of work and don’t know why anyone would wanna do business with you. I hope members that do business with you read this and look elsewhere.

Your a real fuckin dirtbag. only a piece of shit would even mention someone mother.
Any consult money spent with you is spent on evil.
Maybe change your id to NewLevelDirtbag

5 Likes

Maybe. I go to battle for my clients and their consumers. Clients who don’t like trashing material. Some small clients and some large, some that can’t afford to trash a run, which I understand as a small company myself. So let it be known I am evil and a mother hater (I asked for a lesson but I guess it is what it is).

Beware. Look away. Evil.

2 Likes

Never bought gas with a chlorine smell so I could be wrong but I am gonna guess it would distill out. Not saying it is OK to sell chlorine gas but if your clients distilled/cleaned the gas wouldn’t the impurities end up in the collection pot? I would never trust any processor who did not distill/clean gas before use.
The worst gas I have ever used was EcoGreen. The stuff that came out of that was nasty and more impurities than I have ever seen in a 20lb tank.
MY fresh frozen diamond runs came out fire because after I cleaned it it was as pure as any other gas I have used.

2 Likes

Maybe Thc_gas should find another supplier of high purity hydrocarbons?

2 Likes

Those people are being pushed out by responsible suppliers that are more educated with the market and industry. It’s evolving and becoming better. This isn’t a commodity market product. Purity is important to both the end user and the processor, cause a purer gas equals better efficiency. No wasted runs because of a smell or black sludge. Stepping off of my soapbox.

3 Likes

seriously I thought this guy was legit for a min then he just went on with verbal diarrhea

1 Like

I think this is some critically important testing that @Dxmimg has done and shared.

He had Cortland’s gas tested along with Oxarc’s for a control.

In case some of you didn’t zoom in to read this response from the testing lab, it’s important:

"The Oxarc/Apis tank was found to be 99.999% butane which indicates that it had undergone purification to obtain a specification for butane, which typically begins at 99+% purity.

The “local competitor” (THC, Cortland) tank was found to contain industrial grade n-butane with significant contributions of other volatile hydrocarbons, water and CO2. The purity was found to be 96% n-butane. The residue analysis found the presence of diethyl disulfide and diethyl trisulfide. Both these compounds exhibit a foul odor, similar to garlic or strong onion-like flavor. They are detectable as low as 1 part per trillion concentrations. Additionally, 1,1,2,2-Tetrachloroethane was detected in the residual. This compound is a chlorinated solvent with defined human risk. It does not appear to have undergone purification to obtain a specification for butane."

Wow, just wow.

This Cortland gas is garbage.

Wow man. I really LOL’d at the “I’m serious when I say we take it serious” line.

Your company fucked up big time. This not just a low purity issue but also a contamination issue.

96% is terrible, it’s almost like Cortland didn’t distill this at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just got this right from the refinery and started filling tanks.

I understand why you’d want these guys to contact you discretely instead of notifying the community about the issue and mentioning your company by name because even a single error like this can be disastrous for business. And it sounds like you’ve had multiple complaints of the same issue.

So many companies prey on the cannabis industry and I’m sick of it.

Can you imagine what would happen to an extraction company that released oil out to people with diethyl di-sulfides and tri-sulfides as well as tetrachloroethane??? It would be over.

As an extractor, I LOL at the idea of telling people “Hey we’re new and this happens every once in a while but could you have just hit me up for a refund instead of letting everybody know about this shit tasting, contaminated oil?”

They’ve been selling butane as a cleaning solvent?

I’ve never heard of that before. What types of manufacturing facilities use butane to clean?

Doesn’t sound right.

I empathize with you guys. I have been there before and it sucks. The lost time, product and general stress/anxiety that come along with these types problems are unknown to these types of sales people who are just trying to capitalize on our industry.

Could you imagine if you had some prized fresh frozen or super fire sugar trim that you paid top dollar for, or worse, are toll process for someone else get completely ruined?

It turns the stomach.

This is the capstone on this issue for me.

You don’t really care about this, you just want to keep your job and/or company afloat. I get it.

10 Likes

Seriously bro. Total negligence. Can you imagine all the families that growers and extractors have to feed that could have been seriously displaced by this garbage.

9 Likes

At first i was reluctant to post this. You said families are being affected. Well mine was first in line with the huge loss I took from Cortland Gas. Whether it was purposeful or accidental its not worth working w unknown variables beyond what we already deal with. THC_gas sounds like Cortland made a new website and using this account he just created as a proxy. Perhaps not but it is very suspicious. By the way nobody reached out afterwards to compensate me for loss only trying to get thier gas back. The local vendor who sold me gas has offered to refund me only if I could prove chain of custody which they would have had to furnish to me. Who else is gonna keep them honest except us? Its very heartening that the community has had my back.

7 Likes

I’ve been in the specialty gas business for 3 decades, long before the botanical extraction industry became significant. We have always purchased 99.5+% Nbut, Ibut and Pro from the largest US manufacturing plant. ONE - yes only one US producer of 99.5+% pure extraction hydrocarbons. They have produced odorless hydrocarbons for aerosols for 50+ years and higher purity 99.5+% hydrocarbons since early 2000s.

There has always been refiners who claim that they can produce 99.5+% pure materials, but truth be told, these are mostly primary level refiners with large scale production plants servicing the aerosol and low purity markets - lighters, fuels, etc.

If the company filling your tanks isn’t buying from this manufacturer, you should question the claimed purity.

Btw - I woulds be very interested to see the analysis for the 99.999% pure (by weight) N-butane. That purity allows only 10 ppm of non-butane - and that ain’t much. The highest purity N-but available is 99.99+%, allowing 100 ppm impurity. N-but and I-but have an affinity for each other and are not easily separated. < 10 ppm mighty be doable, but it would be disgustingly expensive.

Recent Propane.Butane,Iso analyses.pdf (567.3 KB)

2 Likes

How can we know if we do not know the name of who the MfG is!?

2 Likes

Stoked I’m rocking that oxarc gas!

Good to hear about these test results, especially after what I found when I distilled a 60lb tank of n-butane (I posted photos in the gas distillation thread)

1 Like

Pangea, the manufacturer is shown above in the PDF showing the analyses of recent bulk deliveries to our plant. It is Diversified CPC International out of Channahon, Illinois.

I’m not talking bad about any other company that offers these hydrocarbon solvents - but thought this was a good opportunity to share some of my experience in the business.

Cheers,

Jim Avolt
Quality Extraction Group

1 Like

Pupparoo -

Oxarc has been around for a long time and has a good reputation. I’d be comfortable that the gases they offer are properly graded.

That being said, 99.999% butane is almost too pure. Isobutane is very difficult to remove from N-butane. Possibly the gas tested to being 99.999% butaneS, indicating that isobutane was not considered to be an impurity. In any event, I’d suggest that even 5000 ppm isobutane is not going to have any significant impact when the gas is used a solvent for botanical extraction.

Jim