Anyuse the hydrocarbon company for gas

Ha anyone used the “new” hydrocarbom company they seem to be the for er RHS. Just wondering anyone’s thoughts, rhis is my first time going thru a tank and wondering others experiences. Not aure if there local to Humbolt or not.

2 Likes

Gas is from cortland energy their very helpful, better than Rhs Forsure but the cortland gas definetly has a smell to it @Concentrated_humbold

3 Likes

Ya has a real bad chlorine smell too it

2 Likes

Our warehouse is not far from theirs in Samoa. You should call us next time. Thank you.

2 Likes

I will i just have a bunch of RHS tanks i was swapping out since they dont give the deposit back anymore. I’ll let you know when i need some more here soon and five you a shout.

1 Like

I recently ran into a smell issue with gas from Cortland Energy as well. We are sending it to the lab for testing. I will post the results soon!

3 Likes

Ya ive never used it before but it has a very very strong chlorine smell that ive never had before even from the garbage eco green stuff 10 yrs ago

1 Like

Let us know what you find. Cortland popped up out of nowhere with a “nice website”. Thinking low quality or foreign gas.

3 Likes

I also would love to know, even just to hear whats what to fact check what i was told when buying it.

2 Likes

Is this the cortland gas as well, there the ones i dumped the tanks of but they definitely had a very foul odor. Is that the “ local competitor “ that was bad. Chlorine all day it smelled so bad even after distilled

Cortland came back 96% with harmful chemicals and foul smelling compounds.

Garbage

5 Likes

Ya im pissed, total waste of my time. Not really surprised i was lied to by them the hydrocarbon company

I saw the post about issues with our gas… We take this seriously. We strive to be as transparent as possible, which is why we test every batch of solvents with our own top of the line gas chromotograph, and make the COAs available to anyone. Dxmimg, the lab result you posted is a big deal for us, and we mean no disrespect, but if you believe that you have a problem with gas that you purchased from us, please contact me directly about it. I asked our operations manager to have the butane tested at a third party lab to be sure that our equipment is doing it’s job. I’ll get back to you all when I have the results.–N-Butane CEL COA 04162020 (1).pdf (155.4 KB)

1 Like

Hey n-beardtane, just wanted to reach out. We’re definitely not foreign gas, and we don’t consider ourselves cheap. THC Gas is the only distributor for Cortland Energy, based out of Texas. We have scientists in house at our processing plant that test our solvents with GC equipment, and they’ve been selling their butane as a cleaning solvent for manufacturing facilities for quite some time before starting the partnership with THC Gas. This is the first time we’ve heard about people having issues with our butane and we want to give our customers confidence that they’re using real high-purity gas.

This is the first time i used your gas and it all had a very distinct chlorine smell after being distilled and my psi was way higher than it ever was when running the exact same gas from other companies. Not sure if the chlorine or whatever was the culprit but it definitely was very noticeable, not sure what effected the psi but it was ALOT higher than ever before under the same conditions. Do you have any other location other than Humbolt

1 Like

Yeah I saw that, and actually saw in another post that you had to dump the tanks that you’d gotten from us… do you still have the tanks? I can find out what batch they came from, and tell you exactly what was in it. If we have the same batch of gas left we’ll get that analyzed ASAP. We’ll even give you a refund for the cost tanks if you want.

As for the PSi, that’s also a new one. Temperature will affect the PSI of a pressured tank. Are you distilling in a temperature controlled environment / have the tanks stored someplace cool?

Also, if there’s any presence of chlorinated molecules, it would not affect the PSi.

We do have other locations throughout California and other states. We have distribution locations in Humboldt, Bay Area, Long Beach, and San Diego.

1 Like

Also, what solvent is it that you’re having an issue with?

I have used the exact same gas (not your companies) and never had the high psi at room temp and while being ran on my -50 chiller. I will have to see romorrow the tanks, yes i still have the 2 60#’s i dumped the other 2 were dumped and then exchanged already to another company. Ive been doing this for many yrs and i have never seen such bigh psi, i.e i had a tank of iso at 90psi in a 60 degree room. I got a iso and a 70/30 from somoa and 2 120ntane tanks brought from oregon and all had a very very bad chlorine smell even aftwr distilling it, i dis it twice even after i noticed the smell just to make sure before i dumped them i figured id wasted enougj time and money what was one more day.

1 Like

You’re saying the iso and the 70/30 both smelled chlorinated after two distillations?

Also, what two tanks are you talking about from Oregon?

Can we pick up the tanks you’d gotten from us so we can trace the issue?

1 Like