Anyuse the hydrocarbon company for gas

Ya both had the same smell after distilled, i had a friend bring 2 120 ntane tanks from Oregon and they had the same smell. Those have since been dumped and swapped out to another local company, they dont do 60# tanks is the reason i still have those. I can take a pic tomorrow of the numbers on the tank if you tell me which ones you need. I originally got the 2 small ones to test out your gas since you guys are local and i know who works there.

The tanks that came down from oregon are not ours. So if they had the same smell, that means that you’re getting chlorinated smells from two different supply lines. We only work with Cortland Energy and we’re the exclusive distributors for that processing plant.

A pic of the serial numbers would be all that we need, much appreciated. Was it just those two 60s that you had the issues with? I saw in another thread that you’d dumped 3 hundred pounders? Or was that someone else?

Yeah, in the T5 discussion… here

T5 makes dabs taste worse!

Extraction

Bad gas from cortland, had the same experience. Horrible horrible horrible, dumped all 3 120# tanks

1 Like

Ya dumped 2 60# tanks and 2 120# ntane tanks, i had the same issues as dmxing had with it. They might not have been bought in Oregon but they had the cortland energy sticker exactly like the ones i got in somoa. So 4 tanks but 3 120#’s of gas total. Ill get the serial numbers off the 60’s in the morning, where should i be looking for them at?

Now I’m confused. You said you had 3 120# tanks, but meant 4 tanks of 60# and 120#?

Also, who did you get the other two tanks from? I can guarantee you, we do not have a facility in Oregon, and the only facility that we have for Northern California is Samoa. So if you got gas from Cortland, it would have come from our guy in Samoa. I can’t figure out why you’d have Cortland gas from somewhere other than our distributor there. We don’t have resellers in Samoa, except AdChem once in a while. I’m also confused why you’d be buying our gas from our guy in Samoa, but trying out the same gas from a friend of your’s that bought it somewhere that you’re now unsure of? Am I reading that right?

The serial numbers will be on the tank near the top.

1 Like

I’m just trying to understand what happened, help me help you.

1 Like

The hydrocarbon company in somoa in the old refined hydrocarbons spot is not yours? He came from oregon ill have to ask where he actually bought them from id guess the bay area as that’s where he lives and was moving from oregon for good and beought me his gas because he was not gonna use them. So you only supply adchem in somoa?

I bought 2 60 lb tanks in somoa from james, my friend had a spot in oregon he was moving out of back to his house in rhe bay and asked if i wanted 2 100lb ntane tanks and i said yes and he delivered them on his way.

Yes, the location in Samoa is our location in Northern Cali.

Okay, so I’m clear… your friend bought gas from us in the bay area, drove them to oregon, didnt use them, then dropped them off to you in humboldt? When did you buy this gas? Are you saying that you bought the 60s and didn’t like them, bought the 120s later, and didn’t like them also? Or did you get all 4 tanks at the same time?

Bought the 2 60’s in somoa and paid him for the 120’s he wasnt gonna use that more than likely came from the bay. You said you dont have resellers in somoa except adchem once in a while, so the lil shed next to the power plant in somoa in the old rhs building is your humboldt reseller? Id say i nought it a few days before the may 21st post when i started noticing the smell and etc. So basically the old rhs spot is your distributor and adchem sometimes resells your gas

1st is straight iso , 2nd is b/p 70/30. Yes got the big ones within a few days of my purchase of the 2 60#’s locally. Still had previous gas left over so didn’t even use any i got in somoa before i got the 2 big ones

Why didn’t you call James and ask him to fix the situation?

What would i say, heres the 60# tanks i bought that 3/4 empty can i have my money back. Not trying to start a problem for anyone i only made the post to get feedback of other’s experiences since id never used you guys before and just wondered if jt was a 1 off.

yeah, that’s exactly what you could’ve said. You could’ve said that you used some of the gas and it didn’t smell right. We 100% would’ve taken care of you.

Well no other company i have ever gotten gas from offers a refund and especially mostly used tanks. Guess i should have done that, eitherway it is what it is now.

I mean we’d much rather you come to us and at least give us a chance to fix the problem before saying that we’re pushing poison gas on people to smoke. I also know James really well, he’s a good guy and would’ve taken care of you. We sell literally thousands of pounds of gas a week without issue. Sure, we get a complaint every once in a while, but I’m serious when I say we take it serious. I personally smoke a lot of the products that are made with our gas because our guys tip us in product all the time. Would be pretty stupid of me to push toxic bullshit, wouldn’t it?

I’d be happy to offer you a tank once we get back the results from the third party lab, but it sounds like you’ve made up your mind.

3 Likes

I never said pushing poison, i have no idea of what is in there is poisonous. I also have known james for a long time and am not trying to hinder him or you or the company. But you are the first person/company that says they would give a refund for tanks that are mostly empty. You can see from my point of view how that would sound if i was on the other end. I have not made up my mind about anything, but when other people have had the exact same experience as me and then had it tested ( assuming its legit of course) it makes it another risk to try it after already loosing many racks in this process. No hate on you or james or the company, i dont doubt you take your quality seriously but when i have the same thing happen with all 4 tanks and all your types of gas minus propane you can understand how i would be hesitant to take another multi rack gamble.

Well I’m glad to see you guys will be getting my biz over solvent direct! Haha

1 Like

Read my posts. Ive been active for more than 3 days like “thc_gas”. Ive only given positive feedback on all companies until the gas issue. My losses were well above and beyond a simple tank refund. Product was ruined, time was lost, and now your questioning my integrity. I have plenty of empathy for your workers I dont want to smear anyone and i thought long and hard before posting the results. The disservice this may temporarily cause your workers (while you work this out) is pale in comparison to our clients health. Im sure that you will get this fixed since its now in the spotlight and im sure everyone will hear you out. I would also like to confirm that Elite Solvents has reached out multiple times and offered to refund or replace. Theres no evidence or reason to believe that Elite solvents knew gas was bad

2 Likes

Yeah, no blame dude. You’re an extractor trying to source some quality hydrocarbons and that’s a difficult thing, it’s a small niche market and there’s only a few of us in the game. From my understanding, there’s really just Cortland Energy and Gas Innovations when it comes to 100 lb bulk tanks, and neither has a spotless record, but we at least try to have some integrity. Not sure about Gas Innovations but I’d assume they’d say the same.

I can also understand if you’ve felt screwed over by other companies, the cannabis market is full of people who’re willing to charge top dollar for mids and give you zero help, it’s been like that since… well, probably since we’ve been smoking weed.

If you, or anyone else ever has an issue with Cortland products or THC Gas, you can feel free to reach out to this account. I am more than happy to see what’s going on and find a solution that works for everybody.

I am still waiting on the lab results from the third party, but I’ll post those regardless of what they say so you can make your own mind up.