Any Old School hash masters out there?

Not exactly a hash master tip, but related observation. I used to keep my buds in the freezer in a plastic bud jar from a dispensary. It would fit an ounce and a half with room to spare. Every time I’d grab some out of it, I’d shake it for a minute or so.

When it was down to the shake, I’d let it warm to room temp while rolling everything around the sides to build up some static cling kief. Then open it once warm to avoid condensation, and kinda shake it up and down till any loose kief packs on the bottom, and the shake is sitting on top of it. Gently shake out the shake, then there was usually a ton of fairly clean kief stuck where the bottom meets the sides. Tap that out, then scrape off the static cling goodies for some super pure stuff.

It was great, because it only took the trichs from the outside of the buds. Couldn’t really tell a difference in the quality of the flower smoke, but always had a ton of kief for the vape or topping bowls. The stuff with a little plant matter in it made some tasty joints for sure.

3 Likes

Got any old pics of your water/sift hash? Would genuinely love to see it considering I may have gotten some since we both grew up around LGHS around the same time

1 Like

holy fuck static kief extraction. don’t tesla coils generate a ton of static?

1 Like

Time to grab the Static X albums and head to the garage. Must build tesla coils!

5 Likes

it would be a game changer to be able to separate thc from plant matter in kief from machine trimmers

1 Like

I feel like that’s what should play when turning on a indux vaporizer

3 Likes

Cryo tumbler

2 Likes

is this actually a thing?

1 Like

I’m sure one of the mad scientists here have made one, other wise all you need is some power tools & a diagram of said cryo & a micron tumbler. (Or redneck it & build one out of a cooler(yeti for ultimate redneckery points) & fill that sucker with dry ice on both ends & make a “basket” for the tumbler to reside in & let her rip taterchip.)

2 Likes

lol i can get my sifter lower than my -80° thermometer can go and get pretty good results by just going down in micron size. i haven’t noticed any significant static clinging… but turning that shit up with a tesla coil type thing might work

2 Likes

Too long ago. If you were in lg back then and bought any large amounts of hash or blonde hash I prob made it.

3 Likes

I have been trying/attempting this idea out with dry sift and static separation for the last month.

Seems like it could almost work.

Please let me know if you get any further with this.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Lol most likely smoked your hash then

1 Like

I have seen some clear “shrouds” with injector valves inset in them so you can run the tumbler and control the immediate ambient temp with gas while processing.

I’m not sure if that is similar.

What you are saying about the water soluble terps and how you can lose them is so true.

The terps loss with the wash and the step of drying it after has made me rethink how to dry sift more effectively.

2 Likes

@BG305 had a picture of is C02 sifter somewhere up on the site. It was pretty bad ass looking

4 Likes

Ohhhhhh I think you may have inadvertently added to my workbench, sir :wink:

Who had that fucking INSANE ln2 custom tumbler?

3 Likes

That might have been BG’s I think. His is the most badass one I have seen around

2 Likes

I manually sifted some trim/rosined it after to which it turned ghost fucking white almost immediately (yeeeeeah 9lb hammer, baby!) and it just made me go…fuck…how would this look with the whole batch…in nitro…I WANT A BALLER JAR BUT I’M LAZY GODDAMMIT

3 Likes

There’s a lot going on in this video from IG (account is in the description). They are using a combination of trashcans and 5 gallon buckets, along with a garden sprayer and a very cold room.

Bonus points for beard nets and a dedicated bench for keeping product clean. I just wanted to share this as I think it’s a good setup, as long as you have a freeze dryer to handle the ounces of hash it can generate per day.

3 Likes