Any Old School hash masters out there?

You could probably use a rework station like this one to smoke hash. Or find a usb soldering iron with a core like it.

The newer usb powered ones have digital readouts to set temps.

6 Likes

You can use your rosin press as a jack puck btw

4 Likes

That is exactly what I was looking for. I didnt know the name, this is what I saw Frenchy with.

Thank you!

3 Likes

that’s exactly what i did! preheat it in an oven too so it all melts together

@Curious_Roberto hell yea great idea

3 Likes

I saw you guys mentioned that other one, and was looking up hash smoking with a soldering iron and realized I had something that was exactly like you guys are talking about.

I’m actually gonna save up some of my trim and make a tiny bit of hash to try it out haha. I have a cheapie iron like @pdxcanna has as well as my rework station to play with.

Tbh, I’m a not bored with bho, but it would be fun to dabble in something else.

5 Likes

The “Herb Iron” gained popularity for a while.

2 Likes

hell yea post how that iron works so we can see! i might do that instead of ordering the ones people posted

if you can, kief some fresh bud but inject c02 while you’re kiefing to make live kief then make hash from that. it’s fucking bomb because you don’t lose water soluble terps/flavonoids like when you do bubble hash. it always seems like such a waste tossing that water… Works with trim too for sure but that live material is hard to beat

2 Likes

Can you just freeze it with dry ice and then toss the fresh frozen in a bubble bag with some dry ice and keif it?

Just like you do with normal dry ice hash basically?

This is super interesting to me.

2 Likes

ive never frozen it first like you do with bho but that might work. i have a kiefing machine that rotates and i inject c02 while it’s rotating but that should work the same. use a small micron bag like 75 for best results. Watch out when using dry ice because if you shake it too hard or long you start getting plant matter, you’ll see the kief start to turn green so try to stop before that happens

2 Likes

I have done dry ice hash in the past, I have definitely seen the green start coming, I definitely beat the shit oit of it lol. Less is more for agitation from what I remember.

I harvest again towards the end of the month, I’m small game, but you got me super curious about this.

Imma set two plants aside and try this! Cheers brother!

1 Like

lol yea i did the same thing just with dry ice in a bubble bag, loaded it and shook the fuck oit of it for like 30 minutes. It’s easy to go overboard lol but less shaking definitely makes better hash.

if you harvest your plants while trichs are still clear to milky you’ll get some more heady hash and light ass rosin if you press the kief. way less overhead than bho and a better product imo. great for the small guys this is how i started extracting

4 Likes

I’m gonna end up getting the gear to do some squishing now haha, watch.

2 Likes

do it bro you don’t need anything fancy, narrow and long plates are best.

I wonder if anyone has made an ultrasonic sifter??? I’m sure various micron metal screens like we use for bho rigs stacked ontop of each other but vibrating at variable frequencies would work amazing. i feel like i saw one before but idk what it’s called

2 Likes

I bet you could rig up a ultrasonic washer to do it haha. Might be a lil too intense though.

1 Like

could a potentiometer be wired onto it to control the frequency tho?? found it Ultrasonic Vibrating Sifter - Russell Vibrasonic® Deblinding Systems - YouTube

2 Likes

I don’t see why not, that sifter was cool as shit by the way lol.

1 Like

fuck yea lol thats some next level shit. i want to try it

1 Like

No problemo!!

1 Like

you think you could build a sifter like that? i was reading the cheap led grow light thread and you said you’ve built LEDs for a while so you could probably do this. I’d buy the equipment from you if it works

Hot knife it! Except use flattened spoons instead of knives. Never dabbed hash out of a banger or the like, but I imagine it gets gunky fast. I need to try the hakko/hot wand one of these days. My LSV can be used that way, but haven’t seen any hash for years to try it with.

I prefer to keep my kief loose instead of making hash. Loose kief vapes great. Tastes like doing a dab, yet waaay smoother.

2 Likes