Anhydrous ZnCl2 cbd isomerization

You need to slow down and find a friend close to you geographically who knows what they’re doing. Ask them these questions in person and gauge their response to your current understanding of the process. If you won’t listen to us maybe you’ll listen to your friend.

Just stop. Don’t attempt this reaction.

4 Likes

With that p. pump, pretty sure you’re describing grinder.

1 Like

I agree with alex; chemists live their lifes with one foot in the grave and one foot in the burn ward; and that’s even with an with understanding of process… without understanding or equipment things can get horribly bad quickly.

Be smart; dont do things you have no business doing; I say this not to be mean; but as someone who doesn’t want to see you on the 6 o’clock news.

10 Likes

Ok you came here to ask for help and when people tried to help you, you won’t listen to them. Facts are that your filtration flask doesn’t hold a vacuum because it allows air in from the filter. The hand pump won’t work unless you’re going to continuously pump for the duration of reflux and will never work with that flask. How do you intend to introduce argon to that flask? You need actual equipment and it will cost several thousand dollars for an spd system, and all the appropriate gear, even purchased from China. There’s no way around this and you’re going to hurt yourself or others if you don’t listen to us. Personally I don’t think it’s safe to smoke that d9 if it’s not cleaned up by both distillation and chromatography after you’re done. This reaction is an advanced reaction and not for beginners. Every person here in this thread trying to help you is vastly more educated, skilled and experienced than you. Please listen to what they’re saying, you’re not going to be able to do this the way you think. You don’t understand the basics much less advanced chemistry concepts. I’m not trying to be mean we’re all just trying to help you not fuck yourself or other people up. Try reading about isomerization on this forum first. There’s tons of information and you can learn a lot before you attempt this, and again I cannot stress enough that you need the appropriate equipment to attempt this. If not, you will not get your desired result, you will waste money, product and time. I consult with people that don’t listen all the time and they are not successful because they don’t listen to what more experienced people are telling them. When an individual has more information and a better understanding of the process than you do, it’s best to listen to them and focus on fixing the things that are wrong and not continue blindly trying to do the thing they told you won’t work.

12 Likes

Very well said, I couldn’t agree more.

3 Likes

“When an individual has more information and a better understanding of the process than you do, it’s best to listen to them and focus on fixing the things that are wrong and not continue blindly trying to do the thing they told you won’t work.”
I can guarantee there’s nothing I desire more, but you guys are expensive.
That’s why I highly valorarte have received your replies and advices until this point.
I know that is a privilege for what bussines men fairly pay a good budget and the reason is that your are high level chemistries. I, a street guy, know how arrogant and pretencius is trying to achieve the results for witch you have requiered a life of study and practice.
Unfortunately, even known all you have said is true, I can not accept a simple “you can not do it and just believe me because I am smarter” even when (and I think so) is plain logic…
I couldn’t obey to my parents with the simple “just do it because I say so”
when a child and I still struggling with thay as adult.
If you tell me is an stupid plan becouse the filter and manual pump… then I, (and I am sorry) only can answer you saying; ok then, so it mast be done with a flask with not filter like this one:

And a pump connected to it while all the reaction like this one:

Then I can heat it while stirring for some hours with this magnetic stirring plus heat plate.

(what are seeing with me is probably what is called the Dunning-Kruger effect, is the theory that people think themselves more capable about something as more ignorant they are about that subject, as their own ignorance about the matter doesn’t allow them to see how extensive and huge that matter is and how immensely ignorant they are) (probably, as advice givers, your familiar with this phenomenon)

But I wanna do it and I will. Because there’s nothing as human will and I just enjoy it a lot. And yes, my knowledge about chemistry is 0.
You don’t have to answer pointing more mistakes of my project if you don’t want to. But I would highly appreciate it.
Thank very much for all. Really.

Why did you ask me how do I intend to add argon?
Isn’t vacuum its self enough? Isn’t used for the same goal than argon?

1 Like

Bingo.

1 Like

By the way, there are plenty of good, practical chemistry book, even for High scool student or some good tutorial by university. I Will preferibly start from simple extraction, then maybe some distillation, and then After at least some basic understanding of whats going on go to some advanced technique, involving Dangerous stuff that can turn into more Dangerous One (actually you are trying to do an organic synthes Is) and possible be inhaled … Also do to yourself a favour and buy an organic chemistry kit, serious One, off eBay… You can get a 1000ml or 500ml set for under 250$ and have at least a minimum of basic glass, (decent flask, with decent 24/40 joint, and some decent condenser). This reaction work better with a solvent, you can use a multitude of solvent, i advice you to try understand why and wich one are Better suitable for this syntb and also to use the search bar of this Place. By the way, stay safe for the good of all the community here and this business. What really WE DONT WANT Is a bunch of Fake News pumped by some accident happened because of probably very young guy, that would like to cash Money Fast, harmed himself of others, and investigator found that he registered to this forum before attempting something that Will sound like a Cannabis Breaking Bad…

2 Likes

Bro we’re not trying to be pretentious, it’s just super obvious you’re not listening. The equipment you keep posting is the wrong equipment you need an spd system. A chromatography column and the knowledge to use them. All of this info has been posted here. Just search and learn and spend money on the right equipment and not the crap you keep posting. I’m not making it up when I say that you will have to spend a few racks. The 50$ flask you keep posting is a joke and will not work. The reason for argon was posted further up in the thread if you were bothering to read or pay attention to what everyone is telling you. Again I’m not trying to be mean I’m trying to get you to educate yourself before attempting something dangerous. In my opinion the danger isn’t in the process for the most part here it is in the lack of cleanup. Even with the right equipment you still have to clean up the reaction and you have no idea how that’s done. And it can’t be done without the right equipment. All this information is on this forum just search for and read it.

4 Likes

a fucking fish tank bubbler :skull:

4 Likes

Soooooo how do you plan to reflux in this apparatus, your going to need a vacuum pump; that hand pump is going to suck after a hour of pumping. If you must, get a harbor freight vacuum pump.

The way that actually works goes something like this; all these steps must he adhered too or you wont have the results you desire. Takes alot of infrastructure and equipment to do this without blowing yourself up.

Get a triple neck round bottom flask; a reflux condenser (liebigs are the cheapest) a mantle; two mineral oil bubblers; a valve (for blanket gas) and a thermo well or thermometer adapter.
Assemble the system; run cold water from the tap through the condenser and reflux in heptane under inert atmosphere; instead of vacuum

Filter out your catalysts after the fact with a vacuum flask; neutralize with a sodium hydroxide solution; recover your solvent; run chroma and distill while trying not to die in the process; seems simple right?

7 Likes

Works both ways bud.

post2

6 Likes
1 Like

Read all three sections on air sensitive techniques, most importantly the section on safety

2 Likes

Yes, a Schlenk line is probably the best way to do air-sensitive reactions short of a whole glove-box reaction. Learning Schlenk line techniques without the equipment in front of you is going to be difficult. Buying all the correct pieces to assemble a Schlenk line will be difficult without prior experience with this type of system. There will probably be a couple hundred dollars just in clamps to hold up the Schlenk line manifold. I used this type of setup for nanoparticle synthesis in grad school and looking back on it, I would not recommend this setup to anyone without previous chemical experience. I almost caused an explosion by condensing organic matter into the cold trap that, unknown to me, also had liquid oxygen in it (this is only an issue when using liquid nitrogen). Another member of my lab group did cause a fire by exposing a pyrophoric chemical to air by simply turning a valve in the wrong order, pressurizing the flask he was injecting into, shooting his syringe full of chemical out into the center of the lab starting a fire. These types of problems may not be an issue with this ZnCl2 isomerization, but the problems you may actually encounter are hard to enumerate.

It is possible for things to happen in lab that could have never been thought of pre-lab. These problems can only be fixed with existing in-depth knowledge that comes from years or work in the field. Some chemists with years of experience still have accidents, horrible accidents that change lives.

Bottom-line, there is no shortcut for this type of knowledge. Reading forum posts and asking questions on here is not the correct path. Please be safe and do not take any unnecessary risks with your safety or the safety of those around you.

6 Likes

Sorry, I replied to the wrong person! This was meant for @CrazyGoat

No worries, I couldnt agree more

1 Like

Just as something anecdotal. I tried this reaction in a couple different ways; thought I’d be inventive and stray from an SOP.

I’m not a chemist, and despite doing a pretty decent job of argon blanketing and keeping proper vacuum…

The reaction got fucked up. Mystery peaks ran rampant, there was all sorts of side reactions, and I figured I’d try a dab of the distillate …

My lungs completely closed up for 20-30 seconds, and for a good panicked half minute I was wondering if I was ever going to breathe again. I then had the worst cough of life for 5-6 hours and my tongue and teeth felt weird for a good week afterwards.

I turfed the run; but if theres someone inexperienced on here with less scruples would be unwilling to throw away a mistake. This shit can be dangerous, especially without tight parameters and proper equipment.

I’m going to go back to the SOP, and add in some chromatography afterwards.

4 Likes

If running similar processes please pay/ask for professional consultation on safety/methodology from someone like @Photon_noir.
He was kind enough to provide me the proper rundown on reaction/cleanup/catalyst choice for one of my experiments recently. I am not a chemist. Only with similar guidance can I confidently create a new product that might be safe for consumption.

4 Likes

D8 is easy :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes