Anhydrous ZnCl2 cbd isomerization

Gas just removes oxygen and places the reaction under inert conditions. Who told you this junk?

Lewis acids make D9

Bronsted acids make D8

It’s laid out pretty obvious in the literature.

9 Likes

Huhmmm
Wonder if @Photon_noir would agree
His tosic isn t bronstead nor Lewis
One of the hardest riddles he gave me back in the days

5 Likes

Argon is heavier than air so it settles on top of the sample very well. (most commonly used in welding to shield your weld from oxygen exposure.)

Nitrogen however is lighter so it doesnt blanket as well allowing oxygen the ability to touch your sample.

Unless you have a very good method of removing all oxygen and ensuring a fully blanketed nitrogen fill I would say switch to argon.

2 Likes

Tosic acid has the basic formula of TsOH

Bronsted acids are proton donors

H+ is a proton and it’s the H in HOTs

3 Likes

What’s the conversion ration on a kilo of CBD isolate

TsOH may not necessarily donate the proton in the absence of water. Hydrogen is also a Lewis acid and may not actually have bronsted activity in all situations.

3 Likes

Both gas are inert regarding redox reactions. If used conveniently, there should be no differences.

2 Likes

To thc ?
I find isolate react less well than distillate but on isolate 78 % is possible in distillate 85%
But pretty sure masters of the craft get full conversion of the cbd and not the minors
@Kingofthekush420 @Photon_noir

1 Like

I believe you yet I would recomend argon for it beeing noble

1 Like

Cheap septa that has been working for me really well is those vac u vin rubber stoppers you get for wine bottles you pull your glass wear out of the oven place those place in disiicator
Or vac oven and the air gets pulled out of the glass wear but when releasing vacuum they seal off and keep vacuum inside the glaswear

I am a PhD candidate in synthetic organic chemistry if anyone needs consulting for this project or any other synthetic chemistry project please reach out to me or another organic chemist for help. Life is too short to make mistakes in an amateur clandestine laboratory allow us to help you along the way. Please contact me at qgaconsulting@gmail.com.

14 Likes

For real, if you dont feel 100% confident running reactions like this (not to mention proper workup and comprehensive analysis), consult a trained chemist (like this man^)

1 Like

Cbd will only evaporate under full vacuum of 1 micron if the cocompounds allow at 160C

1 Like

Yeah Anhydrous ZnCl2 is hydroponic and all that, but what’s the problem reaching low ph levels for this reaction? The problem is only the oxigen right?
-1059283849-58917143
So why I can not mix 50 gr of cbd isolate with 9 gr of anhydrous ZnCl2 in this flask above, make a vacuum and then heat it at 150 degrees, let lit heating like that some hours and finally remove the zinc once cold.
(I know Roguelab that SPD doesn’t separate thc from cbd, my question was how to remove the zncl2 from the recent formed thc [in case my vision is right] WITH OUT using spd machine.

Refluxing under vacuum in glaswear is a complicated isseu
You ll need to make sure your vapors are completely condensed or your reaction will be depleted t as time go s by
Volitiles solvents used are volitile
Placing vacuum on your reaction will lower the boiling points of the compounds boiling
If vacuum is applied it needs to be applied treuout the reaction making a pump a better option than manual
Good filtration is indee a way to seperate your desired compounds from your zncl
Yust make sure you check ph afterwards

1 Like

Not sure if serious

4 Likes

this has to be a troll lmao

2 Likes

No vapors to be condensed, zinc evaporates at like… I don’t know but a lot. Only at 160 it starts to melt.
And cbd evaporates at 160…
I will try to keep it at 150. May be I use a very little flask for vacuum so if someo evaporates it can not go very far and been mixing in its moves with the zinc.
But if as you said vacuum lower boiling points. Heeey… Much better :wink: may be nothing is evaporated then if I program the heater at 150.
What do you think?
Other thing I don’t understand is that vacuum must be done trough the reaction,
I tough I had to do the vacuum and heat the mix later. Why trough the reaction and why a pump better than normal, does it have to be suctioning all the time or something?
Hey, they laugh at me but you rules, I will do it and show you results. Thanks for your help buddy.

Just make sure your penis pump is adequately heat rated :wink:

3 Likes

I am sorry my friend.
Do you mean that in the flask I must to do a constant vacuum (suctioning) trough all the reaction duration and that for that I must to have a pump connected and suctioning all the time?
At what pressure? I really need to know this for buying the right material.
Thank you