All Things in Moderation

Working to improve the site for you guys, by you guys. Appreciate all of the input so far!

We are going to nominate and elect a couple more moderators to help wrangle non verified Hemp Slangers and other shenanigans.

Ideas so far:

• Must be level 3 or above
  • Paid with a GLG membership

Current Moderators:

Add your nominations or suggestions below, and thanks to everyone here helping to make this the best source of hash knowledge and community known to man :call_me_hand:t3:

13 Likes

I’d be down to help moderate, I’m on here most days, at least every day I’m at work. I’d be more than happy to do it for that sweet GLG badge too, haha.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t mind helping with moderation either especially for a GLG membership. I have many years of experience with web design as well. And I’m on this website far more than I want to admit usually as much as many hours throughout the day researching and whatnot

8 Likes

I nominate both @Killa12345 and @cyclopath. Killa is nice to everyone, and cyclopath is nice to everyone he can understand on the first read through. Both are very knowledgeable of the community, helpful, and empathetic.

16 Likes

I’m personally fine with any level 3 member with at least 100 posts.

I think the posts show your actively participating in conversation and making the place a better place.

9 Likes

How many mods do you think we should add?

3 Likes

I think all the above volunteers and nominates would be awesome picks… gonna be tough… id love too also…

2 Likes

Well there’s 5, I know you and Sox are hella busy, so really it’s 3.

I vote we add 5 more, and maybe add a mod chat room kinda like the toking lounge so we can discuss each other’s moderation skills and any issues that require some talking through.

7 Likes

I agree with all the post. I dont have the knowledge for such a task. Lord knows im here enough. I believe mods should be well versed in most of the common meathods of processing.
Im just a hydrocarbon guy.

4 Likes

I knew that GLG hook would make people jump.

8 Likes

It blows my mind what can be accomplished with the Internet. I thought BTC was good… The GLG blows it out of the water within my little ecosystem

11 Likes

It’s funny to think the guy named @Killa12345 is literally always nice, but, you’re absolutely right.

11 Likes

Definitely +1 for killa from me. I’m also willing to be a mod as stated before, I’m constantly refreshing the page. I’m glad we as a community noticed a problems and are taking steps to fix them and keep advancing as a whole

8 Likes

Its cause i use to play i lot of razz and omaha hi/lo. People that play these games know how good the 12345 straight is in these games. hence the name killa12345.

Its not cause im some gangsta…blocka-blocka! LOL

13 Likes

@Future I hope you are considering me to mod cannazon cause this wait is killer

2 Likes

Definitely endorse @Killa12345, @ExTek90, @square_root_pharms … they are here 24/7 with good intentions

6 Likes

I second on @cyclopath.

11 Likes

I meant to include @cyclopath as well.

7 Likes

What makes someone a level 3 member? Is it based on number of posts or time period of membership or what?

3 Likes

:thinking: Moderation?
What’s that?:joy:

I was surprised to find myself paged in to moderate just the other day. I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Others in the community had already stepped in, and I didn’t have anything sage to offer, so let it be, but it was a first for me. Usually I’m the one that needs/gets moderated.

I’m happy to help out in any way I can, with the understanding that it’s done in my spare time. Which varies.

It takes a village to train an idiot, and this particular village idiot really enjoys it here :slight_smile:

Edit: and a big “hell yeah!” for this thread and that contained therein.

14 Likes