Alas, OKlahoma in my rear view

My time has come. As much as I love extracting, I’m done working for any business. I’m closing up things in Guthrie, but never have I dealt with the characters I’ve conducted business with over the past year.

I built up a lab to run and right when we were getting things started, I get the rug pulled out from underneath me. Even though they are making peace with lbs for payment (cause they don’t have fucking money) my design and workplace I built have been sold without my knowledge. And now I’m back to TX to wear Brown Shorts and delivery your parcels :package: (in a way, I’ll still be in the industry lmao) cheers :beers:

57 Likes

Welcome to the industry brother!

8 Likes

This isn’t a new member

6 Likes

The name says it all. Where there’s a Boom, there’s always a bust. The companies that will make it need two things:

1. 12-18 months of operating capital to float the company. Must include continuous improvements to keep up with rapidly increasing regulation.
  2. Aggressive (read expensive) branding and marketing that penetrates neighboring markets.

It’s an expensive gamble to decide to stay in this market. To the victors will go the spoils, so long as federal legislation stays mute. When you’re looking at 28gram baller jars for $100, there is no way to stay profitable.

It’s possible that you did everything right–the right equipment, the right SOPs, great products–and it still couldn’t make money because of the market. I met a few other people in this situation and they were doubling down on a dispensary to try to keep some of that money in the vertical. I wish them well.

Those guys in brown shorts always make my day. :heart: Funny story, UPS guy came the other day and I chased him down with a dozen eggs. It’s spring time and we’re swimming in eggs. He said “Are you kidding me? I’ve got 10 hens and I’m giving eggs on my route!” This is the same guy who had to come all the way back up our driveway because one of our chickens got in his truck and didn’t make herself known until the next stop.

42 Likes

More of a commentary on the status quo

But yes you’re correct

6 Likes

Ah shit I see it now.

3 Likes

You’re too good at building pipe bombs to walk away from rocket surgery.

Do what you gotta do to keep the bills paid, but please keep with the totally tubular artwork that you’ve shared with us.

33 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’ll still offer plumbing help but as far as working for a company directly and being involved in daily activities… I’m out of it

20 Likes

I’m feeling it as well, keep that chin up. Your best days are still to come.

4 Likes

Shit man, sorry to hear that. The best cls builder on the forum. Can’t wait to see your drawings bro. Stay up!

4 Likes

I just had a beer and a nice dab of some Strawberry Banana Rosin…. So let’s do something fun for my exit!!!

I’m going to give away (8) 6” Tuf Steel gaskets to whoever can come up with the funniest comment about the Oklahoma market.

20 Likes

So you’re leaving east Anza?

Oklahoma market was just like a funnel, easy to get in hard/expensive to get out. Hope things go good for ya @Boomtownpharms im on the same train outta this industry

9 Likes

Ill come up with a funny comment for 9 gaskets…

6 Likes

‘the Oklahoma market’

7 Likes

Sounds like you didn’t give handjobs to the right people…

7 Likes

should have left SOONER

30 Likes

Why is it so windy in Oklahoma???

Cuz Texas sucks lol

6 Likes

Oklahoma…well, what did you expect?

5 Likes

“We like being drunk and being free”

3 Likes