Alas, OKlahoma in my rear view

ups will wear you out but does have benefits.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of good men go this year. Stand tall and proud in those brown shorts. Like you said, you’ll still be doin the industry a wonderful service.

Not all heroes wear capes. Some… wear shorts

5 Likes

I used to go cowboy and hang my leg out the ups truck door for air conditioning my balls. I heard a rumor from a fed ex guy that in az they have air conditioning. Ups drivers are weird and some “bleed brown” and are just ridiculously hard workers. They are stupid as fuck and dont understand it makes the company look lik shit when they rush customers/ when i drove id actually ring a doorbell and wait a few seconds before running away. now its zero customer service. I think you have better options, does cloner have a texas greenhouse yet? I remember why i brought up the ups drivers- im in chicago and a bunch of them wore the shorts all winter long??? They worked that hard, the trucks leak and have crap heaters but they wore shorts? I wore long johns and sweated if busy indoors.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s a different game now. These guys are the most essential people in our civilization in 2020+. I pretty much only shop at stores because I know the owners or if I’m getting groceries. Other than that…. All online. And for all the other folks on here especially living in more rural areas I’m sure would agree.

These guys are heroes for doing what they do. Straight the fuck up heroes.

Also, have you beeen to AZ? Without AC AZ would not be inhabitable for 5 months of the year unless people lived underground.

I get an unbelievable amount of packages at several locations where I have small businesses headquartered. 0 complaints. Well, one guy did at first and the woman I hired to run that office gave him some homemade cookies and that was a wrap! They get cash bonuses on the holidays and if they catch us at the right time we will throw some snacks their way. Delivery service people hold so much respect from me. God bless em.

6 Likes

I get no ups- amazon crushed them in just a few years. The business plan is great though= make money sending a new product, get paid when its resold, get paid again when resold. Ups and taxes are more than the initial cost of the product. I need to get into weed delivery. Ups and amazon are so saturated that its all icing on the cake, the trucks are already going to every neighborhood. My ups route was like that some routes were just one street a half mile long. Shitty routes, every stop had like 100 50 lb packages.

Aahhh…what’s up “Doc”?

1 Like

God bless your service. Doing us a favor…

Delivering parcels is God’s work

2 Likes

There’s no way to stay clean AND profitable off that business model.

The BM has had this same fate. Its money > quality now… can’t compete with the dirt cheap vendors and customers who don’t care about what they smoke…

Combine the economy, and other issues in this country, its down to: people don’t care anymore and just want a high that will be “cheap”. The market is just fucked right now is how I view it.

5 Likes

Having a stable gig and planning your next move is always a smart move. Wish you well. Dallas area? Whereabouts

2 Likes

Partnerships are hard when you make money, when your nearly starving they are nearly impossible.

All you can do is grin and bear it and find something to gain from it.

I can find humor even in my own suffering…

8 Likes

Oklahoma 2019: let’s be the wild wild west
Oklahoma 2022: let’s get moratoriums and kick everyone out of the medical game.
Oklahoma 2023: recreational wild wild west returns
New licenses New fees New taxes

6 Likes

They sure love that windfall money, they told me during the last inspection that “they had more money than they knew how to spend.”

Fucking great, the state has enriched themselves by charging medical patients and vendors with obviously excessive fees.

Now they are going for blood with the packaging laws. What’s it all about… maximizing the amount of Metrc tags sold. Someone is getting a kick back or stock option is all I am saying, these wheels have had some grease applied.

Imagine the value of a company that tags every cannabis product in a recreational American market… It’s the model of modern politics, enriching yourself through legislation. Picking the winners and getting in early…

8 Likes

Yeah, Dallas is where most my friends are and where work is east to find.

1 Like

Any one else want to give a good comment towards the market for the gaskets. @NorCal looks to be in the clear lead.

2 Likes

this x1000 they the real heroes of the pandemic

8 Likes

Needs more electric boogaloo…

Cat’s conspiracy theory: METRC is just a front for Avery label company.

16 Likes

That’s their new hustle. Their old one was literally never letting a perfectly aligned sheet print correctly in yiur home printer. Back when we were doing gram jars for cali clubs printing our own Avery labels had at best a 50% success rate.

6 Likes

I always wondered why everyone thought handing over the cannabis industry to a single private company would be a good idea…

2 Likes

Oklahoma producing more oil per capita since before it became a state…now they want it in METRC?!?

5 Likes