ADD editing Capabilities For Trust Level 2+3

Just copy paste that

as much traffic as this site sees now it might be time for some software upgrades and/or a hired coder that can customize the software however you like. i know a few coders that could make the software do fucking anything you could dream up lol

1 Like

yeah I even think the old post to should be locked in just the addon be added below it

2 Likes

Please @trust_level_2 vote on this too! Itā€™s important

I donā€™t think I have that ability either

2 Likes

The forums software here is better than that bboard shit imo

3 Likes

I see that they limited trust level 4 from mega blasts too, we are in the same boat

1 Like

I agree with this 100% but I donā€™t know if itā€™s possible

Told ya. Iā€™m just a janitor

2 Likes

I mean any decent coder could add that functionality to this sites software for a few hundred bucks.

1 Like

You are not understanding this website makes no money. I dont even operate it under my business. It just comes straight out of pocket. I think if this site makes money we have lost the battle.
If you want to submit changes do it upstream to Discourse. If you want me to maintain a fork for a hack job youā€™re crazy.

3 Likes

Itā€™s more like tagging @ TL is limited for all non admin users, except @ TL3 which I changed yesterday before @sidco said no

So people pay for memberships but that money isnā€™t used on site maintenance or upgrades?

2 Likes

thereā€™s no reason why a forum with this size with the pull and traffic it sees should not be able to have a coder on retention to do simple shit like what we are asking for. this isnt a yahoo pages user created website we are talking about here. i mean am i just off base here thinking a forum this size should not operate like a freeware bulletin board i can install free using cpanel on a hatchling hostgator account?

1 Like
1 Like

@square_root_pharms you are a bit off. go checkout discourse, see what it takes to operate (not exactly complicated) and get back to me.
How much does a coder on retention cost? Because thats 100% more than this site makes. I am the coder on retention.

1 Like

It all goes back into futures personal projects :sob::sob::sob::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Did you pay?

So what make you think this place is pay to play?!?

2 Likes

he didnā€™t pay future enough to be able to shit post w.o getting called out for being shitty

3 Likes

all bulletin board softwares are similar to a point and they all can be modified extensively from their base install platform.

i think plenty on the board would donate to the cause to get this forum operating more fluidly outside of base discourse coding. it makes sense to operate like that in the beginning when you guys are trying to pull in traffic but its probably beyond that scope of operations now and needs to be modified outside of stock discourse programming.

1 Like

I think the traffic and exposure this forum brought in for GLG was substantial but theres a shit ton of other folks cashing in on F4200 forums traffic as well. like i said i dont care about futures cash flow.

A site this large now deserves some special coding attention that the discourse staff sounds like they cant handle these custom edits to our forums?

2 Likes