Active Recovery With Refrigerant Pump

Yeah my bad. I was looking at tr21. (Doh!)

https://www.tequipment.net/CPS/TR21/Refrigerant-Recovery-Machines/ (not oem)

Oem DOES list r600 (&r290) (see matrix above)

Which doesn’t change suitability of OP,s TR21

I used the tr21 for years and actually less rebuilds

Just trs has the “sparkless” and no brass fittings. The brass does start doing some weird corrosion thing

1 Like

Oem doesn’t recommend it…glad it wasn’t a problem in your world. Doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.

It’s not about the brass.

Eg: what happens if you trip over the cord while it’s running (leaking, like they tend to)

1 Like

I recommended the trs lol. I set myself up idiot proof lol had worked so far :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure the trs21 is rated for liquid transfer… I’ve definitely used them that way before and did my research before hand (at the time) don’t disagree that it shakes like crazy when initially switching over from pulling vapor to pulling liquid

2 Likes

They shake like crazy if liquid passes thru. U will shit ur pants the first time it does it and it there

I used to have 2 of them manifolded together as liquid transfer pumps on the bottomed of a bffe. They did shake and make a loud noise but only right when it switched from pumping vapor to liquid .also found this in the manual

I had to double check my past selfs research

2 Likes

Crazy so it’s rated for liquid. Flat scary lol

I have not seen that kit

Yes I’ve seen it , and installed it, it makes the heads able to actually be swapped out instead of needing to do a whole rebuild was the main advantage of I remember right

1 Like

One thing they really really dont like is pumping butane with hash in it… Let’s just leave it at there were some mistakes made and learned from when dialing in the ffe

2 Likes

Most pumps hate moving hash.

I’ve got a prototype from haskel that was engineered to solve that. Haven’t tried it yet…

3 Likes

I did that too once after I moved lab and setup something’s in correctly and pumped oil thru the pump ughh.
I learned as well . Good ol days

1 Like

O it’s a death nail in a trs if u do tanked mine anyways

Big sieve?

So I’ve learned… Would love to hear how it works when you fire it up.

@420guy you just needed to take apart clean and rebuild

@GroovyOctopusLabs you know what they say about big sieves

2 Likes

Yeah they don’t enjoy liquid but are rated and more than capable of it. Use to use a handful of them set up like you had just to move liquid faster. I hate those pumps but would rather rebuild that in under 30 than any other one ive ever used.

4 Likes

Will give you great insight.

2 Likes

Well this is the renewed confidence I needed to use mine that way. This is pretty cool.

Is it possible to use this as a liquid injection pump to possibly avoid n2?

1 Like

If you push through an injection coil from a rm temp solvent tank. Not sure they’re gonna like -50C liquid

1 Like