Active recoveries are taking forever all of sudden

There super easy to rebuild, takes about an hour

2 Likes

Awesome info. Thank you.
Do you think it will
Need pistons? Not sure what all needs replaced. There is a valve kit and a piston kit

Id start with the whole kit and as you rebuild and follow one of the helpful videos from BVV or OSS you’ll easily see what’s toast and what’s ok. If a part looks good then you have a spare and can order less next time. Probably good practice to do it all the first time anyways.

They say your supposed to rebuild the pumps every 200 or 250 hours so these are really not suited to any sort of production environment

2 Likes

The black chunks could have come from the pump, order a rebuild and disassemble the pump to inspect it.

1 Like

You can also build a sort of mol sieve to go on the outlet of tour pump to contain those and also keep your solvent dry.

1 Like

I’m 2 for 2 stripping out these hex bolts they welded in. Wtf…

What size are they did you get 3/8 on there or the 1/4. I believe you can buy the top plate with 3/8

Its 1/4

1 Like

its toast

1 Like

Do everything either way tour already im there, and bore it out to 3/8 if you can itll help a lil depending on how many your running

1 Like

Those Pistons are hammered,
check bearings while you have it open

4 Likes

Ugh… pretty sure the rebuild kit does not come
With bearings…

1 Like

Get the number off the bearings and order them off ebay for cheap, that number only hoes to those bearings same as a cmepol

3 Likes

What should I be looking for?

1 Like

Piston and sleeve are worn, compare to oe new, I don’t use a pump, but have had 2, i would start with rebuild, easy, maybe a good cleaning/service would suffice, I was just suggesting the bearing maintenance if you are going to break it down

1 Like

Is your collection big enough to run all your solvent each run?

1 Like

I’ve had good result from just cleaning the pistons and assembly well , regularly would be best im sure

1 Like

No we can hold 2x recovery capacity in the solvent tank

You went from active to passive?

1 Like