A potential answer to anecdotal reports of Dronabinol/Marinol possessing different effects compared to naturally extracted D9

I noticed @rowan mention this in a now-closed thread, and I have as well experienced different subjective effects from marinol vs naturally occuring d9.

I believe the impurities are the answer

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is:

Not even the high and mighty lords of pharma are capable of making clean isomerized THC.

we should throw the whole concept in the garbage and get it from a natural source as god intended

6 Likes

Pretty sure its a 100% synthetic form of THC that is being used not isomertized, but as far as subjective effects its rather hard to compare a compounded pharmaceutical drug like dronabinol which has been developed to be a medicine (bioavailability, inactive ingredients, extended release ect.) To a pure form of a narcotic like high TAC D9 I’d put money on there being extremely little to no difference in the medication effects whether its made with natural D9 or synthetic

5 Likes

The impurities are mainly d8, cis-d9, and CBN

3 Likes

Ive read cases of marinol/Dronabinol actually CAUSING seizures. Disgusting.

Edit:

“Seizures: Dronabinol can cause seizures or similar events in patients with a prior medical history of seizures. These patients also require close monitoring, and therapy should stop if a seizure occurs.”

2 Likes

Iv had drabinol and it made me anxious when taken by itself. Taken and then smoke weed or edible it was fine. But i didnt like the effect of it by itself

1 Like