A Layman's Diary

Thank you! Taste is something I can deal with as long as it works. None of my blood pressure medicines ever tasted good before but that didn’t stop me from taking them.

Can’t wait to read this over and see what’s possible.

to run a system like this one in my sop it will cost you about 15K for everything you would need

the ultrasonic being the most expensive piece coming in around 11-12K depending on the model you want.

But the ultra sonic is the key to getting it down to the nano meter. It produces sound waves that vibrate at such high frequency that it literally rips the molecules apart which allows the lipids in the surfactant to encapsulate the THC molecules that were shredded by the frequency coming off the probe. This keep them in nano form and creates a stable emulsion

1 Like

As others have said. Nano emulsion is not cheap. If you want the benefits of nano (faster onset, better absorption) and you are doing it for personal uses, skip all the surfactant and highly temperamental emulsion science and buy nano water soluble product.

But if you’re just Makin sweets (even gummies) a homogenizer and stick blender is all you really need.

Another alternative if you bought a shit ton of disty like me is sending it to get processed into nano powder…

In my honest In opinion though, nano is not worth the trouble unless you 1. Have a company, 2. Really really need the small benefits or 3. Already have a lab and the knowledge to do it without ripping your hair out or selling a kidney.

If i could go back and do it again, I wouldn’t lol. I’m not a chemist, food scientist, etc.
, and trying to figure out how to essentially change the chemical structure of an oil is hard work even with all the resources out there.

IMPORTANT EDIT : The taste of surfactant is not good. Like at all. It will linger on your buds for a while and nothing seems to help. You NEED to remove the taste(which i kind of outline but not in depth) otherwise every bite will be miserable.

2 Likes

have you tried sucrose esters/SAIB? I’ve only tried the former with good results, it make some strange bubbles though

2 Likes

Looks like AMP (Adenosine 5’ monophosphate), sodium gluconate and sodium acetate do a good job at masking bitter taste. And they are cheap. May be worth a try with nano emulsions

2 Likes

Your response and another person’s reply has me rethinking this now.

I’m not wealthy by any means, but I love making all my own meds start to finish. And seeing as I plan to continue using cannabis as medicine for hopefully a long time to come, I don’t see 15k as ridiculous for personal use.

That said, I feel like the benefits are going to be real small for me in the end because ultimately a tolerance will build up to nano emulsions just like my normal distillate infused edibles of choice.

What I’m thinking of trying instead now is adding different cannabinoid isolates like CBD or maybe cbg to see how things feel. Made 200mg/75mg THC distillate/CBD isolate cough drops today that were good, but I’m not sure there CBD actually added anything noticable to the experience.

Best way to start :octopus::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Add acidic cannabinoids…

I feel dumb, but are there markedly different effects using the acidic versions of different cannabinoids in edibles?

I’m real interested in mixing other cannabinoids with THC in edibles so getting little bits of info on what is good to mix in my recipe is pretty exciting.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.1c00946

1 Like