A/B Extraction and Isolation of Psilocybin

Much simpler and as pure as an acid water extraction followed by a base crash?

4 Likes

Yes, think about coffee decaffeination.

10 Likes

Super critical CO2?!?

7 Likes

I would think you would want a more polar solvent. Maybe at a high enough pressure, but I’d think that’d be like 30ksi+ to be anything near methanol. Certainly makes recrystallization easy because you can just depressurize, but that doesn’t really seem like the hard part

1 Like

I wonder if there has been any progress with this

3 Likes

I recently read they’re having success producing mass psilocybin in e. coli and yeast, probably using bio reactors

4 Likes

Psilocybin is insoluble in chloroform so in theory you could take psilocybin extracred with methanol and add it to a generous amount of chloroform (or xylene, toluene, d limonene) and allow the methanol to evaporate.

Crystals will precipitate and the rest of the solvent containing impurities can be poured off.

3 Likes

Dichloromethane to decaffeinate coffee at one time. we used it as a solvent for making hash oil in the 70’s…Microdosing is very effective against PTSD.
https://www.psiloscience.ca

3 Likes

Have you tried any of there products?

No…I grow my own. PF Tek, and they grow wild outside my door now. It’s very easy to grow your own. You can buy any kind you want. You can get liquid cultures or tissue samples. You can even get Psilocybin Tampanensis. Micro-dosing is the best medicine out there for PTSD, Clinical Depression. They do what SSRI’s are unable to. Easier than growing Cannabis, that’s for sure.

14 Likes

Couldnt agree more. Microdosing is awesome! Been doing it pretty regularly. Helps me a ton.

3 Likes

right on…me too. It’s worked wonders for me. i wish the VA would look into it more.

4 Likes

I know one of the big things being discussed with cannabis extraction is the ‘entourage effect’ of all the terpenes and minor cannabinoids, and the ability to get the ‘full spectrum’ into an extract.

Are there any studies/stories regarding a similar synergistic effect in psilocybin producing mushrooms? Would the extraction mentioned above be capable of pulling all the desirable compounds, if any, or primarily just psilocybin/psilocin?

Edit: Such as Baeocystin, norbaeocystin, etc.

2 Likes

A/B method

salting the extract without rex, dirty( was a test)

test,very very little add too hot water, hours later this is the aspect

13 Likes

Have you ingested this?

If so, experience/s?

1 Like

yes, very fast climb, potent and shorten effect than mushrooms
without a precision balance you can be scared

6 Likes

Mushroom crack

3 Likes

Talk about the magic fairy leaving love letters

2 Likes

So could the freebase version be vaped?

I’ve also wanted to do an A/B extraction of mushrooms.

I have a acacia extraction going as we speak. Takes forever though i wish someone could come up with a clean faster method that allows me to remove fats still and be fast

2 Likes

some folks says can be vaped …
maybe promtly aftert the extraction , is very unestable the base…
i dont have experience with acacia,

1 Like