75% of the videos posted to the board do not play!?

does this happen with anyone else? almost all videos even ones i post from my own phone will not play. I can hear audio but there is not video, just a black screen. this happens using Chrome desktop and Chrome android version. i have yet to try edge or one of the shittier browsers. @sidco

10 Likes

On my computer browser which is usually chrome. I can’t see most of the videos either

BUT

100% of them work on my phone browser which is safari.

Usually when I really want to see what the video is. I’ll jump on my phone and look

8 Likes

i dont like future4200 enough to switch to an apple phone lmao.

13 Likes

It’s seamless for us apple folk

4 Likes

Mozilla on Android

2 Likes

Years worth of saved passwords, browser history, plugins etc for chrome. I don’t plan on switching browsers either. I don’t have to watch videos that bad lol

4 Likes

Chrome is becoming increasingly disturbing to rely on. My 2 cents, but I share in that long-term use.

4 Likes

Usually you can import all your stuff to a new browser. :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

im too archaic in my methods (change literally hurts lol). it was hard enough to drop mozilla firefox years ago when it sucked and had all the flash issues im not going back to it lmao.

2 Likes

Don’t freak out. All you have to do is use a different browser for future4200.com . You save the shortcut with a different browser on your home screen and then you can keep using Chrome for normal browsing.

4 Likes

SeaMonkey is the only good thing they ever made. It’s their other browser. But it’s not available for Android or Apple

I notice the ones that don’t play are showing as images for me.

If I download the thing I can watch it.

Can we upload some videos here or links to specific videos that are having issues?
Both these posts are png (images) and not videos.
Very likely, this is caused by me adding in extensions (video/file types) not supported by discourse fully. Lets get some links and see.

all of the videos at the end of this thread are doing it for me:

Works? (MP4)

Doesnt work? (MOV)

1 Like

correct… for me… mov is not working

same. mov doesn’t work on chromium/linux

or anything else i run. but, no shit. its apple

how hard would it be to have ffmpeg convert them after the fact? cron job that scans the db for mov, and does the needful? if this could work lemme know i can help figure out a working method

Just a test (didnt work), same exact video with the only change being I renamed MOV to MP4. Seems to be stuttery or maybe corrupt video in the first place.

id be more worried about the part where you have to modify the database.

still nothing. and yeah thats understandable. leave it to me to come up with a hacky solution.

1 Like

@sidco of the three you uploaded, only the first works for me.

1 Like