Help with commercial shit show

He doesn’t want anyone knowing his tricks he told me so yes.

I learned to grow from a certified master gardener from franks crafts. I would water the poinsettias and he used hes master knowledge to suggest using tepid water. he actually had that title? I just remember that job this week, I think it was my first job but only a few weeks during christmas. Ive always thought my first job was pumping gas.

I couldn’t imagine cutting 6 leaves off a plant that only has 12 and calling it “lollipopping”

7 Likes

I defoliated more than I have in a long time and im loving the structure that develops. I dont mess with babies other than the top node to force side branching. im gonna love it even more during harvest.

1 Like

Also they have aphids already he said

Are you away from that situation bro thats fucking nuts. Their gonna be mad at someone when the shit doesn’t grow like it is in their mind.

Be careful :flushed:

1 Like

I’m long gone. Ticking time bomb in there.

2 Likes

So came to help today cause they asked for it. Got there kid told me I was there to defoliate. Anyways had a blast “lollipopin” and laughing at all the powdery mildew and aphids/Nats flying around. Literally was laughing all day. They still don’t want constituting on growing :joy:

:joy::joy::sob: that hvac system cracks me up. No return, no ducting, just a Tiny ass air handler for the whole room. If these people are that desperate to burn through cash send em way!!

Edit: I stand corrected it looks like there a couple In there. My point stands though, Still completely inefficient and half baked

2 Likes

No nutrients either just water. Had a Mexican worker who speaks no English today water the plant with a solo cup dipping it in a mop pan thing. Literally there’s powder mildew on the pots like a ton. They flipped them to flower today with powder mildew everywhere. They think it’s okay. Had to tell them have to do something to the air or would just keep getting railroaded out by it.

Plants where so close they were stretching 3 pots away getting tangled

Its like a bunch of video of what not to do, smart move to run away. I dont imagine it will get better

3 Likes

So likely it would be best to have an engineer design a system for the op, I actually know of one that has installed multiple units in SoCal in the last 2 years. Full automated system for co2 from a 30’ dewar outside the buildings. Ppm meters the whole 9. Ran with actuators as well. I can put anyone in contact with him.

In my town the boiler inspector had to check out and certify my carnivore systems. Make sure used is still within valid inspection window.

Spray everything with micronized wettable sulfur

2 Likes

That’s not pm on leaves

1 Like

Yeah I know. I didn’t record the PM I was just zooming in on that plant

1 Like

New tek

Real talk time:

They need a consultant. The opportunity cost of what they are leaving on the table here is far greater than the cost of a shutdown and a re-do.

Someone should be able to zoom them a few times, look at the layout, go over their budget and make some much needed infrastructure improvements then bring in good genetics and train you guys how to run it for 5k

12 lights yielding 2-3 a few times a year is a far greater loss than going back to the drawing board.

If they don’t want to do that, get a year of experience with them, give your 2 weeks and exit professionally so you have a good reference and move on elsewhere.

1 Like

First thing I’d do is test the water. Even if it’s good get a decent r/o system and bubble it or agitate it to dechlorinate the water. Find out if your water treatment place uses chlorine or chloramine. Chlorine can be bubbled out and chloramine needs something to neutralize it like fish tank drops or boiling it which is t feasible in volume.

Then I’d check out the environment of the grow rooms to make sure proper temp/humidity etc can be reached and held. Day and night

Then we count up the square feet of flower canopy space we have and reverse engineer a cycle and veg space. Then we light and cool that correctly.

Then we start with some real easy grow methods. No reason to go all jungle boys and try to master crop steering and dry down theories in your first round. I like dirt with synganic feed. You don’t need a million part feed recipe. Less is more and too much stuff starts locking each other out and even flocculation in your solution

Use 2 ph pens. Calibrate them weekly. Use 2 tds meters. Calibrate frequently.

Keep the veg space in a nice VPD environment and implement some foliars and teas/top dress to boost plant SAR. Do some sap testing to see if you are on the right track. They say that flower is for the show but veg is for the dough and that is completely true. The structure of the plant comes from this stage, the condition of the roots come from this phase and its health is completely tied to this stage.

IPM, IPM, IPM. If you have an issue the ipm needs fixing. There are a ton of vectors for transmission that could be cut down both pest and pathogen wise. There are a ton of products and practices that can be implemented to avoid most common issues.

Genetics. Who cares if you can grow 3 a light if it’s boofy blue dream, who cares if you can grow 2-3 lbs of the hypest jbeezy or cookies strain off of 12 lights. There is a sexy spot between yield and quality and most of that ain’t got shit to do with how it where it’s grown. I’ll never be Lebron James, Northern Lights will never be Gary Payton Mints. Start with healthy clones and only take the best cuts to make new clones. For shits and giggles you can test them for viruses like latent hop. Test you soil too.

Get a carbonic system for co2 and it simply gets taken off of the things you need to worry about. Every other method of co2 is a PITA.

6 Likes