75% of the videos posted to the board do not play!?

ok, a bot. have it give a reply with the non iphone video. also a hacky solution, but less dangerous

1 Like

Going to disable MOV uploads for now. After more research seems this is a long standing technical/license issue.
I wonder if AVI has the same issue.

All videos work for me

On an iPhone 12 pro

Hahahahaha funny how @Bagled videos are the testers

3 Likes

edit: yes

They’ll get a smile when they can see finally

1 Like

I have to say that they’ll play for me, BUT they will be all hearky jerky. Even if I let the video play through, and play it a second time it still does the same thing. I use MS Edge (or whatever it’s called) because Chrome shit the bed a couple of years ago for me. It’s infinitely more frustrating using Chrome than Edge at this point.

I uploaded from downloading from Snapchat. Let me know if a video from my actually camera is different.

1 Like

I believe this has something to do with QuickTime codec from iphone videos?

1 Like

When trying to upload from my phone camera. (iPhone) says this

1 Like

I just disabled MOV, possible to use MP4 as the format your camera records in? Or anything but MOV or AVI.

1 Like

I think its clients side, not server side. I had a similar issue on a different site once. If you can view the MOV in your iphone or Safari browser but not on your Windows desktop its because you need to download Quick Time

1 Like

I have a Samsung note and most of the time I have to download videos to be able to watch them.

1 Like

So my videos that show. I go to snap chat and upload the video there. Then re save to my camera roll and it allows me to upload on here. Straight recording from my phone and saving the video won’t upload. Have to use a different app I’m guessing. I use snap if you know what camera thingy that is.

Do you have an option like this?
xlink

1 Like

Yep have that. Can change fps and to 4k etc

Can you record a short video in High Efficiency mode and see what format it saves in, if mov ill turn that back on and see if thats all it takes

first works, second one doesnt

2 Likes

If you download the second one and play it locally is it choppy or is that just me and @Capttripppp

1 Like

I think it’s HEVC or H. From a Google search. That’s if you do high definition. I don’t know how to check the formant what show on here either when I try

Hopefully after you change that setting to Most Compatible we should all be able to see your uploads. Do you (or any iPhone user) mind trying that setting out, taking a quick vid and posting it here to test?

1 Like