5lb icarus bvv advice

I feel it lol I was actually referring to a comment somebody else had made about 304 stainless

1 Like

I usually fit around 2000g of material that I froze and ground rubbing between my hands in that tube, and use about 22 # of 70/30 solvent, it fills that dewaxing column almost to the brim…you have a hemispherical lid tho…mine is flat with a used sight glass so my vision might be impaired.
That looks like a 12” collection pot, i swapped the shatter platter for a 3/4 hemispherical drain out the bottom works great for shatter.

Thanks, so you get 4.5# into it, i freeze and break by hand to, im gonna give it a go soon, gonna get a flat cap for it like the material calumn has, just to be safe.

this was fresh trim only, with a 1lb mk-v, it doesnt have the dewax sleeve so i cover it for 1 hour before i run in a homemade dry ice cover i made for it. Get great returns and quality, the live comes out more clear than yellow, hoping to transfer theae results into this new bigger system

2 Likes

You want a hemi cap…

Flat cap will do nothing for you (except cost more moneys)

If you get a flat cap, feel free to mail me your hemi, I will pay shipping

5 Likes

I was gonna say the same thing haha I’ll trade you !

1 Like

I plan to use the dewax chamber as the material and bypass the 1st material column, if i get it up to 30-40 lb of pressure wouldnt i want a flat showerhead type cap? Specially for the tane to evenly fill?

Up to you… again I wouldn’t use that as a material column

I have before but I have a larger solvent tank and that was just for crude material

So i should be able to just pack 3lb into the material column, fill with 15-18lb, build up about 40-60 lb of pressure, blast to the dewax, then with the dewax chamber that cold, how do i push from that into the collection?

Turn off gas and material column ball valves while your dewaxing , it will build some head pressure you can use that sparingly, along with a vacuum pulled on your collection pot. Solvent follows the cold so it won’t hurt to chill your collection pot as well.
For sure get nitrogen so you can just vent your head pressure especially if your running passive.

1 Like

Dude, just buy a n2 tank.

Take the hit…

Refills are dirt cheap

3 Likes

Plan to take a trip to praxair, if they have a tank and food grade n2 ill be getting it

1 Like

They willl.

Assuming they carry stuff similar as oxarc (who I us in the PNW)

I buy regular old N2 now. I gave up on food grade and have seen no issues.

2 Likes

What’s the price difference?

Idk what the fuck they give me(sorry for sounding like a tool lol). I told them I want the same stuff used on a keg (thinking that would be food grade) lol

With Food grade, the tanks get cleaned between fills. The product is the same

2 Likes

Thanks bro,

Now that I think about it, they have asked me food grade or industrial. I always said food…

I just thought it was for billing purposes lol

In the words of @Slabby , just my simpleton response…

LOL

2 Likes

Definitely better to have a sleeve for it, but when I ran live on a sleeveless column (ETS 1300) I’d just run 2 injection coils in dry ice baths, kept the socks of freshie in a cooler of dry ice, and since I had liquid n2 available, doused the socks with that right before putting it in the column. Push fast with n2 thru the double preinjection coils and into collection and you’re good. The ETS 1300 doesn’t have a dewax either, but the rocks n sauce came out fire.

4 Likes

I have heard about doing this with ln2

Stoked to hear you have done it…

1 Like