5lb icarus bvv advice

Definitely something for the op to look into and verify before filling

Yeah @FrozenCaveMan please make sure you know what tank you have before filling. I’m pretty positive that’s a 30# which is ridiculous if they sold that with their 5lb system. If you’re unsure post a pic next to a tape measure so we can verify for you.

…i geuss since theres no markings, all i can do is fill the tank and weigh it and see what it holds… i bought this direct from BVV, if they sent the wrong tank i can get it switched or refunded, i run passive, so tight tubes dont work for me

Please don’t do that. Tanks should never exceed an 80% fill.

2 Likes

Within the next 15 min when im home ill measure and post. Ben a long day, son took a bug in the eye on the golfcart, almost home from hospital, calmer now than i was earlier.

1 Like

It has a sight glass, i measure my tane as i fill it, no offense but if i was remedial to the point i couldnt fill this safely i wouldnt of gotten it.

Just looking out for your safety. Not trying to insult your intelligence. Lots of people buy systems they don’t know how to safely operate.

2 Likes

Its looks like a 20 or 25. Almost the same as my 20lb steel tank.

1 Like

Yeah that thing is small…

4 Likes

What’s the diameter? Definitely looks like a 30# in reference to your hand.

1 Like

Its close to the wall, camera is on .5 zoomback.

1 Like

1 Like

Lol that’s what was throwing us off. That’s definitely a #50lb.

1 Like

ok so its usable if i pack 3lb or less per run. Damn tho looks like im in the market for a 100# tank.

Depends on the solvent to material ratio you like to run. That tank will hold 25lbs butane or 20lbs propane. So if you like to run extra gas for fresh frozen or you’re using propane or a blend you’ll have to figure out what it’s really capable of based on your preference. It can definitely run 5lbs dry flower at a 5:1 ratio.

3 Likes

But it’s so shiny, doesn’t that count??

3 Likes

Haha I wasn’t the one hating on the tank. Size just looked off. I’ll take a 304 stainless tank over carbon steel any day.

1 Like

You could get a larger “supply tank” and use this one for just recovery. Would also allow you to have this one at vac so you could be recovering while injecting (if this was something you wanted) You would have to use n2 to move the gas to your supply tank each time the recovery tank filled. But would be much easier than covering a huge tank in dry ice…

Just my 2cents for a way to utilize this tank…

3 Likes

I wasn’t hating on the tank or the 5lb icarus (I run a little mini icarus and I love it) I was just hanging out being the Ahole making a snarky remark

just one of those days

1 Like