5lb icarus bvv advice

I use 5-6 lb a run for live

I pull 35g out of a 3x24 spool when doing live out of the mk-v

I run a mini icarus and I only tried to dump from dewaxer to collection once without using the N assist… didn’t work!

Did you buy a top plate for it? With a top plate and valves closed its identicle to the material column right?

You wouldnt even need annother plate. The lid you have will work fine.
Your issue is your tank holds 25 lbs. That 6x36 will hold from 7-8 lbs of dry material. You will not habe enough solvent. Your rig is setup exactly correct to run your material column. If you want to use the dewax as material you will need a bigger tank and collection pot.

Just use it as its intended everything will fit perfectly

6 Likes

Did bvv screw me on the tank?? I just got this and thr icarus pro model says it comes with a 50# tank

we don’t need no stinking instructionsdownload (1)

2 Likes

No thats just what they call them. 50# holds 25lbs 100#holds 50 lbs. The 50# they quoted on yours is water weight. Not butane. I hate that they do this but its standard for the most part.
If anything it was a mistake on your part for not knowing (it happens)

4 Likes

Thanks ive ben looking that up constantly and couldnt find a straight clarification. Thats why i asked you all before i even contacted them again, you guys are a solid knowledge base, definitly a mistake on my part.

I use 6 max for 1lb, so 6x36 is exactly 3 times more then my 3x24. So 18lbs max i should need for the dewax chamber, the material column is smaller, 2.66 times more, still think itll work

Cant fit more than 12oz dry into a 3x24, so figure i can only fit 3lb max into this. Could fit more if i powderized it all, but dont see how anyone can get a lb into a 3x24

@bg305 gets 600g in a 3x18" ive seen it with my own eyes…i cant but i can easy fit 600g in a 3x24

1 Like

Do you super pack it with something? I always run mine packed looser, so i get all in 1 run

Tighter packs are better for everything. I use a fancy c1d1 shower curtain rod to pack. Extendable and all
(C1d1 is a joke its a plain ass shower curtain rod)

5 Likes

Tbh that looks like their 30# tank. If that’s the case it will only hold 14lbs butane.

This is a 5lb system. Theres no way thats the case

Packing sop:
1 handful. Pack using all of your weight. Press in multiple areas. Then smash the rod down on it to tamp it. Like a hammer.
Repeat. Ive gotten some insane numbers doing this exact method. Pack each handful

1 Like

Dude that is a baby tank! Haha. Is the collection 12”

2 Likes

Maybe im blind but to me it looks exactly the size of the collection pot.

Could be the angle. Definitely looks smaller to me.

2 Likes