5lb icarus bvv advice

finally stepped up and got a bigger set up, any friendly advice on the best ways to run passive? Anyone use this system without a nitro bump? I dont have a nitro tank or a close local gas vender. My experience has ben solely with the mk-v 1lb from bvv so this will be first time using a true dewax stall setup, will i be able to drain from the dewax chamber to the collection chamber easily without the bump? Was also gonna try some live fresh frozen runs, i cut and hang for 24 hours, then freeze for 24 hours before use. With live i dont see much of a need for a seperate dewax vessel, always run sub zero with dry ice/iso slurry so would it be plausible to put a top plate on the dewax chamber and just pack the material into that instead of the material chamber?

4 Likes

N2 ftw

Look into driving a little ways to a Welding supply store and just getting a larger tank of it. So you don’t have to worry about refills often.

2 Likes

Fill from the bottom till it’s full or about 3/4 full, dump the rest of the gas over the top of the material, wait for the pressure to equal out, cut the material column and save the head pressure you will need it to assist your dewaxed material into your collection pot… I like to use the top ball valve to send the head pressure over. Use your profit to go by a nitrogen tank.
:beers:

3 Likes

Ps. Gotta get that gas cold for the fresh frozen gonna need nitrogen.
I also found it easier to run 2 collection pots on this system if you have a shortpath the second pot is a great source for crude material.

Thanks for the advice, does the gas really need to be that cold tho if the column is that cold? Ive had clear runs with freezer temp of 10°

In my opinion It’s always a delicate dance between to cold (where you’ll need nitrogen assist ) and not cold enough, unless you have a jacketed solvent tank or a spool injector in dry ice your gonna have pull the tank off the ice before you lose all your head pressure…I just put the gas on ice while I pack the tube, that’s usually enough time to lose all the head pressure nitrogen is always good to keep around.

Yes the gas needs to be that cold. Buy an injection coil. And don’t run fresh frozen unless you have a sleeved material column for dry ice

3 Likes

That solvent tank is amazing.

Like they went through the trouble of putting a lid with fittings and clamp on it but still used a bbq tank.

2 Likes

Stainless is stainless

thats why i was gonna pack the material in the dewax chamber instead of the materiap column, would that work fine?

That sounds good on paper.

But when you do a metallurgical analysis on 304 you will find most isn’t even 304

:rainbow_flag:

2 Likes

Im asking for advice on running this, not insults on how bvv uses cheap stainless

1 Like

I would never insult that masterpiece

Just talking about stainless and that sweet tank.

4 Likes

It will, just make sure not to size everything to what your collection will hold. 35lb solvent capacity is 3.5lb run of live wet material.

1 Like

35 lbs of tane for every 3.5 lb run?

Where are you going to dewax? And your solvent tank isn’t big enough to run that 6” dewaxing column as a material column

If thats a 6x36 dewax it holds 24 lbs of solvent. And so does his tank. You are right he cant use it as material but it works perfect for dewaxing. Who woulda thought lol

5 Likes

10lbs of solvent per lb of biomass for live runs

4 Likes

I was just throwing out an example. I could have clarified a ton there. Glad to see your back here. Was wondering where you’ve been.

1 Like

Ive been glass blowing dab rigs. This game is blown out (atleast for me, like zero clients. Old partner took all the connects cuz hes scummy like that) Still have everything but at this point im making more selling rigs.

Anybody need a rig? Lol

Ive bought a glassblowing kit and learned how to make rigs faster then greenmachine has sent out the rest of my order. Smh they are part of the reason why everything went to shit for me but thats another story. (Still dont have the rest of my order 7 months later)

3 Likes