1000+ pounds per shift hydrocarbon extractors

What PSI are they rated for?
Scares the fuck outta me.

5 Likes

no, but I have considered using the Haskel on the back to run r600 in the jackets to get me some air-powered hot/cold.

not gonna work with 15-psi rated jackets :sob:

5 Likes

8 Likes

Maybe just post it on one thread…

1 Like

No i am spreading the gospel

3 Likes

So why don’t you just do that publicly?

You already made a thread on this forum last year called “The most advanced extraction system on the market” and it’s just full of the same marketing claims. No proof whatsoever.

And what was even more disturbing than the lack of proof was the lack of input from any actual 3rd party operators of your equipment, until now.

We’ve finally had the first person (Wolfe), to my knowledge, step into the light saying they run one of your big machines and what he/she has to say ain’t exactly good when held up against your marketing claims.

Here are some of your past claims about throughput:

It’s a little slippery IMO, for you to change to quoting throughput in strictly pounds/hr when there are so many quotes of you citing 1000#/day.

Yea lately you have been sticking to the 100#/hr figure, but by Wolfe’s statement it sounds like even skilled operators aren’t able to hit that. Maybe another readjustment of the marketing claim is in order?

There are lots of instances of you advertising this as 1000#/day but you don’t push the fact that you really mean “day” like 24 hours continuous operation, not a standard 8 hour work day nearly as hard.

Also the fact that you’re not including startup/shutdown time, which can be significant, doesn’t really get mentioned much either, just 1000#/day.

Then there’s the fact that you cite those figures with a total work crew of 5 (3 running the machine and 2 packing tubes). That is a large work crew to get through such a small amount of material into crude in that long of a period. It’s actually really bad IMO.

I would love to ask an experienced ethanol or heavy hydrocarbon extraction company how much biomass they could get through working 24hrs straight with 5 man teams.

And just to be sure, as has already been discussed in this thread, these numbers we’re taking about are for crude production. There really isn’t enough supply/demand pressure for dabbing oil at these throughputs at this point in time in any markets.

But let’s move on.

1 Like

Let me take a guess that you will say Wolfe would be hitting your claimed numbers if only they had bought not one but two of your WFEs, right? That must be the issue.

I wonder how much the wipers cost. Of course there’s no prices on the website.

This is why un-biased input from actual operators is the most important evidence IMO.

To be clear, I’m not trying to say Wolfe is “on my side” or agrees with me or anything like that. It’s just that for all the overblown marketing and hype around this company, there are shockingly few people talking about actually using the equipment in real life. That’s usually not a good sign IME.

Hmmm, ok, here we go, something positive, maybe we’re getting somewhere, right?

Well shoot. That sounds terribly costly and extremely dangerous. “Several” usually means three or more in my world. There must have also been some unscheduled downtime and/or reduced capacity operation in tandem with the leak that just compounds these problems.

Not to mention the stress and uncertainty of having to first encounter and diagnose a problem like this.

Obviously, for an instrument like a WFE that handles flammable gasses at high pressures, the integrity and durability of the rotary shaft seal is of utmost importance and is the first thing anyone who knows WFEs would be worried about in this use case.

In fact, there are lots of quotes from Illuminated Zach on this board repeatedly extolling the virtues of their rotary seal (350PSI!!!) and how great it is and of course, in the same breath, extolling how great he is for inventing a pressurized WFE and how Bizzy copied him, etc.

Wolfe having so much trouble makes you wonder about how much actual testing was done on these things prior to being marketed as “the most advanced extraction system on the market”.

Well, at least I hope the Illuminated team took care of fixing the seal…

Oh, great, they must have known that a leaking rotary seal is a huge deal and got it fixed right the first time, right???

LOLOLOL. Maybe not.

IMO repeated leaks from the rotary seal on a WFE handling LPG is on par with the seriousness of the collapsing column issue Bizzy had. It’s like you didn’t properly research and test this critical component that’s vital to a unique mode of operation that you are claiming sets your company apart. Very dangerous and damaging to the brand.

And I want to be extra clear. I’m not poking fun at or being harsh on Wolfe in any way. I greatly appreciate his/her openness and honesty here. Input from actual experienced operators is the only way we get real information sometimes.

I think lots of other people wouldn’t have been honest about experiencing these issues on the public forum for various reasons.

Wolfe, I have to ask, can you share how much total was spent on the Illuminated system including ancillaries and taxes paid?

Were you responsible for researching it and deciding to purchase it?

I’m not asking to insult you in any way, only because I’m wondering if you are making CBD crude, weren’t there other ways that made more sense?

2 Likes

You say so little, with so many words.

Who hurt you?

3 Likes

It actually can do more than 1000# in a “day” (aka a 24hr period) and we actually suggest running 3 shifts to maximize efficiency. There is only one startup/shutdown sequence per day (or none if operating 24/7).

We are down to 1 operator running the machine with 2 sock packers… Have some stuff coming to make it even easier/faster to load the columns.

We have a Behemoth R600 being used for live resin. They have figured out how to crash THCa isolate, 25kg at a time.

The single GD1 gets pretty heavy use (twice what a normal system would), plus they are working to get a third shift going. Scheduled maintenance is every 3 months, seals can wear or get damaged if the GD1 is overloaded, and yes we have made upgrades to help alleviate this potential problem. A benefit to a second unit is when maintenance is needed on a GD1, the machine can still operate with the other.

In fact, the machine is designed so you can have half of the system torn apart for maintenance while extracting on the other side. No reason to stop completely is part of the design. Maximize efficiency.

This unit was purchased well before I got in the door. I honestly have no idea what they paid up front for the machine, Several hundred thousand dollars I’m sure. I personally would have never gone with any light hydrocarbon extraction for this scale.

I was not responsible for researching and purchasing this machine.

1 Like

This is true, we are running 19 hours a day, 5 days a week.

2 Likes

Wait 1000lbs wet or dry ?

1 Like

1000# based on dry weight… Avg 10-12# per sock.

Up to 30#/min 100% propane (solvent recovery) @ 10:1/15:1 ratio.

A 70/30 mix, propane heavy, is our standard THC solvent and moves closer to 25#/minute, but can run a tighter ratio than pure propane so it balances out.

System needs only 70# for the entire day of operation. :muscle:

I thought It was 1000lbs of fresh frozen a day? Now its 1000 lbs of dry trim? Thats pretty nuts.

Everyone running hemp is dry bio. Our cannabis unit is running over 1000# fresh. So its both.

Im heavily confused? system is different for thc products? I do know a few people running fresh frozen hemp for cbda sauce.

At this point, it is for all products.

We started the Behemoth with hemp but with the latest thermal control upgrade we have transitioned back to cannabis. Our local sister lab (hemp) has both models of the Behemoth. They are about to fire up the new model with the TCS soon.

The original Behemoth is no longer offered and has been replaced by the R600 model featuring our thermal control system.

I was just quoted $725k for the Behemoth all in.

1 Like

Ok, well that makes 100 socks in a day, lets say a 10hr day would need 10 socks an hour … which would be a shot every 6 min’s ?

im running 32-36 socks a day rn on a 4 column bzb beest @ 16hr shifts back to back, 100 socks a day seems miles away & its not like I have any shortage of gear to run either, 1000lbs a day would take me 3 or 4 months to chew thru 2021 harvest.

That being said I would love to get to 1000lbs dry shot bho crude a day with a 10% yield avg, 45kg/day sure would be nice

2 Likes

What you fitting in your socks? 36 socks in 16 hours is crushing! are you running a ffe with it?

2 Likes