The most Advanced Extraction System on the Market

You do on site tours? Can we see the machine running?

1 Like

We currently have a Behemoth setup at our shop for show; however, live demos for serious clients may also be possible at another facility here local.

4 Likes

I’m interested in the wiped film and the chiller unit. But would like it on my machine

7 Likes

What is your current thru put in a 8 hr shift, how many people to operate?
How many lbs of biomass in the system at one time?

3 Likes

The wiped film we have released as a stand-alone unit and is available on our website. The thermal control system however is currently dedicated to our extraction systems for the initial rollout but on the near horizon is a stand-alone unit for other systems.

With our Behemoth we typically see 100 lbs per hour extraction rate. The Manticore is right about 50lbs per hour, and The Turbo Unit is pretty close to 25lbs per hour at a 10:1 ratio. Our smallest unit the E4k only does close to 30-50lbs per day and is only advised for very small startups.

A 6x48 column can hold anywhere between 7lbs (not packed at all) to 15 lbs (packed tight) with an average of 12lbs. The Turbo is a single column, The Manticore has 4 columns, and The Behemoth has 10 columns.

The Behemoth we prefer 3 people on the machine + 2 packing socks.

The Manticore is just under half a Behemoth and should have 2 people running the machine and one packing socks.

The Turbo as a single column unit should be able to have 1 person running the machine and 1 person packing socks without much holdup.

1 Like

What’s the ticket on the behemoth?
Also a price for delivery, installation and training in California, as well as taking care of the on-site compliance review

4 Likes

Havent been to fort collins in about 15 yrs, it was the yr coors dumped all that water at there plant. Working on not being as busy and officially retiring so i can go back to just traveling

7 Likes

If anyone has any questions, feel free to hit us up by email: Sales@illuminatedextractors.com or via our shop @ 970-893-2763 anytime between 9-5 MST.

Did I miss how much this thing costs?

Which thing you ask?.. Any of them…:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

About a million bucks.

4 Likes

Mechanical seal, we do them for mixers.

3 Likes

what is the rate of recovery, and the solvent to material ratio?

3 Likes

I’ve always found the high capacity claims interesting

Can you explain what’s going on in the machine? I talked to your sales guys at a few show pre covid and could never really wrap my head around it.

How many lbs of solvent does it hold?

At 100 lbs an hour with a 5 to 1 ratio is a lot of lbs of solvent recovered. Me thinks the cannabinoid laden solvent is doing passes through multiple columns but again I haven’t got the slightest idea how this thing works.

I’m very interested in historical yield data

6 Likes

It’s a couple of teslas less than that

2 Likes

I can do this with my current purge set up. So there claims aren’t far off, it just takes 2 more people

2 Likes

The Behemoth extracts and recovers at a rate of 20-30 lbs per minute depending on conditions using propane. We only use a single injection of 75lbs for an entire day of extraction and typically see a 1-3% loss.

Our systems operate quite different than other units available on the market. The solvent ratio is simply time based. For instance, a 12lb column at a 1:10 ratio would take just under 5 minutes to extract when moving 25lbs per minute. No extra solvent other than the initial 75lb injection is necessary. You do not need nitrogen with our systems. Crude is removed throughout the day while extraction processes are taking place via our GD1 evaporator.

We typically fill a 55 gallon drum in about 5 days. Technically a single person can operate the Behemoth once you know the machine well enough, until then we suggest 3 people on the machine and 2 packing socks. Loading/unloading columns is the most time consuming aspect.

1 Like

no butane?

do you experience yield loss?

Our certification covers butane, isobutane, and propane and any blend of the three. When using 100% butane in the system the rate is just over half the speed of 100% propane as its vapor pressure is much lower than that of propane.

We suggest a 70/30 blend that is propane heavy to maximize on extraction efficiency and recovery rate.

6 Likes

If you watch THIS 2019 Youtube interview (or search their name and look for the vid by Taddy Digest) with an Illuminated representative at a tradesshow and go to 1:05 into the video he says that the Behemouth costs $800,000. I’m sure it would be more expensive now since this was years ago.

Even better, in the same video at :48 seconds in, the same representative says that the Behomouth can run 1000 pounds in 6-8 hours. LOL.

And I’m still dubious about his current claim of 100 pounds an hour (1000#/10hrs). I mean, it might be possible with enough workers just to hit the number to say you hit it but it’s not ideal or sustainable day after day IMO.

Also, don’t dismiss the fact that he recommends 5 employees to run the Behemouth. Last year he wouldn’t say how many it took. If you’re a business owner that’s a lot of labor to pay for just to maybe get through 1000# into crude per day.

Who in their right mind is gonna want to extract 1000# per 8hrs everyday by packing, unpacking and then cleaning 7-10# socks continuously?

IMO for making crude on large scale you need a process with larger material holding vats than a 6" column, this generally goes hand in hand with using a lower volatility solvent.

I think this high-labor way of making crude you’ve presented is not efficient and most people who know what they’re doing and want to enter the crude production market would do it with a higher throughput, lower labor solution that is probably much cheaper as well.

Take a look at the pic below. The uninitiated might look at this pic and say, “Wow, so cool, so fancy. I would be a king if I owned that!”

To me this is way overly complicated and much too expensive just to make crude.

11 Likes