You think there is feds on here?

I’m a bearded white guy who thought I was the Last of the Beardhiccans. Where is this strange land filled with my people, and does it have a vintage record store?

4 Likes

Ehh not so much crypto, as there is not any secured connections, with the exception of data in transit on the lines. That part is easy. The rough part is enduring that data packet logs are scrubbed, rather than retained after posting. Thus relying on the VPN servers to do a proper delete. Some do, some dont.
There has been a few papers published over the years on using cloud based VM’s as virus distribution points. Due to the nature of cloud platform providers constantly deleting large data logs, and overwriting disks constantly. As even most basic VM disks default to 128GB. They get deleted and wrote over quite Ky on the cloud storage assemblies.
So basically using the cloud resources themselves to help cover the tracks of the posters, and the digital evidence of the launch.

1 Like

Beards are common anywhere from the Emerald Triangle, North!

2 Likes

I think I still have a good chunk of videos, and ebooks from cbt nuggets that covered the CEH 7 (certified ethical hacker) exam. Its aged well now. Bit a lot of the basic concepts are still good. The later additions are better.
You can probably find the later editions via a torrent client with ease.

Emerald triangle = pretty much portland

1 Like

Lower Bay Area to BC :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Portlandia. Included. I moved from Portland right before it started getting really weird lol. Back in hell. 01

3 Likes

If you’ve lived in the hills of the triangle you probably wouldn’t say that.

7 Likes

This makes it slightly more of a pain in the ass to trace you, but should not be considered “safe” from a determined adversary. The number of hops just makes the investigators life harder, and take slightly longer.

VPNs don’t offer you the protection you think they do, but they are a nice security blanket for those concerned with things like downloading torrents.

You are on the right track with the use of VM’s, but unless the underlying OS is secured, everything virtualized under it is fair game. Furthermore, VM breakouts from typical consumer facing products (VMWare, VirtualBox) are fairly common, and not disclosed for long periods of time.

I’m not trying to attack you, but some of that information is dangerous or misleading and could result in a false sense of security.

1 Like

Both Azure and AWS keep enormous logs for tracability. Even if you are deleting the instances, the log files from load balancers and routers inside the cloud infrastructure are a simple query away.

Get on my opsec level.

11 Likes

Are you using a one time pad with that pigeon? If not the feds are going to bust you.

4 Likes

Naa, cypher code with Catcher in the Rye.

6 Likes

nope, you were POS for offering your wife’s sister in exchange for SOPs

1 Like

What the jit is going on here?

1 Like

I like indoor and outs,
s- white non beard wearer

Pigeons lives matter🦄

6 Likes

Can vouch for those florida jits, always loyal custos

2 Likes

Feds lean on that pigeon and he will sing like a canary.

11 Likes

I probably should have sent a message before I went and spent a few hours spinning it up. So hopefully asking forgiveness is easier than permission.

If you look at the following link: You think there is feds on here? - #137 by VapeJet you will see I spun up a .Onion server that relays to F4200. Because of the way .Onion services work, you will probably start to see more traffic for other accounts coming from my servers public IP address, which is : 96.79.126.234

I made a big disclaimer in the post that nobody should really use it. It is slow, cumbersome, and to be honest relies on me (a stranger) to not sniff out usernames and passwords. All communications with the F4200 servers is still encrypted, but due to the way that a .Onion reverse proxy works the data is un-encrypted while the server translates from the .Onion encryption to good ol SSL.

I do not keep logs, I do not sniff, honestly I don’t care enough :wink: It was a request from a forum member and I don’t get the chance to flex that skillset often these days, so I jumped on it!

Let me know if you want it taken down and I will remove it ASAP. Also if you start to see abuse coming from 96.79.126.234 - please don’t ban me! I will take down the relay.

FYI this does not affect the site at all, what is does is translates between your public server and the Tor network, so that people concerned with IP tracing can break that link while accessing the site. If you accessed future4200.com directly from within the TOR network, that request would route to a ‘public’ exit node. Those public exit nodes are notorious for sniffing, MITMing, and generalized fuckery, and in all probability mostly belong to 5-eyes.

3 Likes

This is correct information. @VapeJet is giving all the correct advise.
We are hosted across multiple shared hosting providers. I have stated at least a half dozen times this site is public, anything you do here is public. We do the best we can to keep your data safe like purge IP addresses, encrypt data at rest and in transit (for what that’s worth on a public forum), and little other things like purge metadata from pictures.

I have always suggested using tor/vpn and stated the same things as @VapeJet in regards to safety implications of each type of service. A SOP would be extremely appreciated but unfortunately security on the web these days is a fast moving target, and understanding your threat level is often difficult. Bottom line, we are in the US and follow US laws and encourage everyone to do the same.

I have no issue with proxies as setup by @VapeJet, feel free to use it… you never know, he could be a fed. Trust is a very interesting thing.

I would be open to a hidden service read-only mirror of f42h with the user data stripped in case there was a compromise

I am going to make a Security subcategory under Ground Up for these exact kinds of lessons.

8 Likes