YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

Yeah make BHO

3 Likes

Explain how a liquidizer removes the fats and waxes?

Then explain how centrifuging achieves it (where are they when you’re done?).

you COULD achieve your goal via mechanical separation (fuge or re-press) followed by distillation of the liquid portion.

That will get you THREE fractions.

You recombine two of them…

1 Like

So if i understand correctly, the liquidizer don’t remove the waxes, he just makes them vaporable, which is bad i guess…

When you centrifuge, you have a white portion (which is thca) and a liquid portion which is terpenes + lipids ? (but if the lipids and waxes are in the liquid portion, shouldn’t they be solid at room temp ? And if they are in the white stuff, how do we seperate them ?

Distillation of the liquid portion will remove the lipids and keep the terpenes ?

Then i recombine the decarbed thca and the terpenes ? Maybe i can do the centrifuge, decarb the thca and add a very reputable source for terpenes. Or maybe the decarbed thca will stay liquid at room temp ?

best

You can distill your hte and add it to mechanically separated/decarbed thca

1 Like

@Juliette i think the most valuable thing for you to do with your time here is utilize our search function and familiarize yourself with some basic process procedures that interest you in order to better grasp what your trying to learn. It will be much more rewarding then asking us random questions that pop into your brain with no idea of particular orders of operation.

2 Likes

Sorry, I am really trying hard. It’s just that it’s either very scientific and i am lost, or too quick of an answer.

But people here are very friendly and i am getting a lot of help.

I will not stop searching of course

2 Likes

Liquidizer doesn’t remove anything it’s just for making a thick oil less viscous but i would never use it because you’re cutting the oil. Would be much better to add terpenes instead of liquidizer

The only products I’ve had success with centrifuging is bho extracts. You’d probably waste a lot of money trying to centrifuge rosin

I wouldn’t try to distill terps if i were you, you’ll most likely ruin them

Have you read through this whole thread?

1 Like

Less viscous

2 Likes

If anyone wants the SOP for removing fats and lipids from your solventless extract hit the DM!

I have spun badder, sugar, diamond, rosin…

You can also double press your rosin to squeeze your fats and lipids out just buy like double or tripple bagging the rosin and pressing it again… bam THC-A brick and a minors/fats/terps fraction.

Processing HTE is the new magic

1 Like

I mean sugar and diamonds would definitely work but you’re saying you successfully spun rosin and badder and separated thca?

Yes re pressing in a 25 micron bag works great for solventless thca

Yes sir. I have basically spun powder.

2 Likes

Interesting. You have pics of the starting rosin before and after you spun it? I couldn’t even get sugar to spin off the terps sometimes if the terps aren’t liquid enough so it’s hard to believe it would work with a rosin or badder consistency

Have you tried warming your spin?

1 Like

No i haven’t. To what temp?

110-115 works decent. Get aggressive if you want

2 Likes

Nah I’d like to keep my terps thats way too hot I’d rather just make a better beginning extract

It’s not to hot… My sugar oven is 100… badder 90… I recover at 108. My extracts are always super representative of the flower.

I just wanted to take this moment to say TIME is a much greater enemy to your terps than HEAT. TRAP your terps in your extract. If you smell terps every time you crack your sugar oven they are in the air not the extract. The faster you move the better your terps retention.

5 Likes

Don’t knock it till you tried it…and if turning gravity up to a 1000 doesn’t get the job done, there is always turning it up to 10,000…

4 Likes

5000 rpm or bust. That’s my minimum :sweat_smile:

1 Like