X-Spiral: Affordable Membrane Systems for the People!

I know we discussed that using two membranes for dewax and two for desolventing would require two pumps on the skid…I’m not certain that is true.

Have you looked hard a plumbing an “either or” setup? Where system capacity is reduced, but you can switch between pairs of membranes. Seemed like it took too extra valves but I wasn’t paying close attention

2 Likes

Yes, something like that could work. The extra pump comment was regarding running both at the same time.

2 Likes

This is awesome. Nice job dude!

2 Likes

I’m assuming I could do my winterization on the membranes and then swap them out for the solvent recovery ones yes?

Also I’m curious about what the rejected fats and waxes come out as… any pics?

2 Likes

I’ve been told that the membranes for winterization hold back cannabinoids, any validity to this?

2 Likes

Do we tag him? Kotk

1 Like

@Kingofthekush420
I summon thee!!!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: like a membrane Angel

1 Like

I think you have to perform a sacrifice by burning solvent poured over a broken Chinese wiper in order to properly summon KOTK

10 Likes

If you don’t get nominated for best friggin post I’ll be upset

4 Likes

Broken Chinese wiper… :white_check_mark:

11 Likes

It really breaks my heart that that happened… I’ve followed your quest for a wiper

6 Likes

Haha thanks now I’m on a quest to find a replacement main body… the pricing is fucking outrageous - but I don’t wanna derail this thread

6 Likes

Theres actually a trick to winterizing with membranes, if you dont know what you’re doing yes you will leave cannabinoids behind.

Because of the nature of the winterization process with membranes id build a specific skid with PID controls to do it

Here’s my results for winterization and color remediation

I’ve got an even tighter membrane to try to so it’ll remediate even more color potentially

3 Likes

Lmao dude I popped in here and read what was above without even seeing this hahaha

6 Likes

Whats the rejected portion look like?

1 Like

Its super dark with a little solvent in it once fully done

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEpksyaBmG_/?igshid=2mctuafui4d7

Here’s the video of my test membrane making that solution

3 Likes

Just remember that this is someone else’s sales thread. Please be respectful and keep the pitch on your system to other threads.

7 Likes

Sorry that’s my fault!! Not @Kingofthekush420’s

Sorry for the derailment

4 Likes

Im not even ready to sell my skids yet

I still have to find my terpene seperation membrane so it’ll be another month or so probably :upside_down_face:

3 Likes